Forbidden love can have different meanings. It can be a one-sided love where you love the other person but they don’t love you. It can be one person who harbors feelings for someone who doesn’t feel the same way as they do. One person could have a picture of a relationship in their mind that is more of a fantasy that may be better than what happens in reality.
There are also couples who get together who shouldn’t be together. They could be married or dating other people and fall in love. It could destroy relationships if they get together. There could be an age difference between the couple. If one is a lot older than the other, it may make their relationship a challenge. Another type of forbidden love could occur if the couple work together. One could be in a higher position and aren’t allowed to see each other. It may be frowned upon if they are on the same level as well. Their company may not allow it.
Forbidden love could be challenging regardless of the situation, but it may make it more exciting. People can’t control who they fall for so it can be a tricky situation. More times than not, people end up with people that may not be suited for them. They fall for someone who is wrong for them. If you ended up on this page, you are probably in one of these situations.
Forbidden Love Quotes
Here are some quotes about forbidden love that may inspire you and educate you on the realities of forbidden love.
1. “ One sided love lasts longer than any other type of love.” – by W. Somerset Maugham
2. “Adultery is not harmless. Someone always gets hurt.” – by Natalia Ginzburg
3. “One of the rules in life is not to covet thy neighbor’s wife.” – from the Bible
4. “Forbidden love can make you happy when there’s no other way to make you happy.” – by Unknown
5. “We weren’t supposed to be a couple, but the problem is I don’t want to be with anyone else no matter what happens.” – by Nicole Gulla
6. “We love each other so much, but no one else could know about our love. I’m confused about what to do and it’s ruining my life.” – by Unknown
7. “Forbidden love is exciting. When you are free to be together, it’s not as exciting.” – by Marcus Quintilian
8. “Forbidden love is like being addicted to something. It feels good at the time and gives you pleasure, but there’s no good that can come from it.” – by Tryon Edwards
9. “In life, we always want what we can’t have.” – by Francois Rabelais
10. “I’m just like you. I like having forbidden love in my life too.” – by Mike Tyson
11. “There’s something about forbidden love that makes it exciting and desirable.” – by Mark Twain
12. “When forbidden love can cost you everything, you should consider settling for something less risky.” – by Miranda Kenneally
13. “What is worse to you? Is it worse to know you want something or that you can never have it?” – by James Patterson
14. “She couldn’t stand the fact that she was obsessed with seeing him. She had been that way for years.” – by Julia Quinn
15. “To have passion and to keep it to yourself is a terrible thing to do to yourself.” – by Frederico Lorca
16. “It’s hard to be friends with someone you want so badly.” – from Dawson’s Creek
17. “You questioned how you would get through the day. I sat back and thought about what could be wrong with you. I couldn’t believe you would love someone else, but tell me your dreams. There are times when you can’t see what you are looking for in life.” – by Vanessa Williams
18. “Sometimes when you’re in love you are not allowed to be jealous.” – by Francois de la Rochefoucauld
19. “Forbidden fruit may taste better, but it goes bad faster.” – by Abigail Van Buren
20. “My eyes are attracted to an angel’s smile. Your mouth tells me about your forbidden love for me.” – by Natasha Harvey
21. “Lovable people are not the ones who need love. It’s usually the most unlovable people who look for love in bad places.” – by Ashley Montagu
22. “My mind wanders and I think of things I shouldn’t be thinking. I often have dreams about things I shouldn’t be dreaming. I desire things that I shouldn’t desire. I do all of this because of my love for you.” – by H. M. Ward
23. “Forbidden love is a love that can last a long time, but hurt you the most.” – by Kay Knudsen
24. “I enjoy being just friends. My problem is that the feeling I have to kiss him never leaves my mind. I also feel that we would be good together.” – by Unknown
25. “If you want to avoid getting in trouble, it’s always a good rule of thumb to check with your spouse before you start flirting with someone.” – by E. W. Howe
26. “Adam was human just like the rest of us. He didn’t want to have the apple just because it was there. He wanted it because he wasn’t supposed to have it.” – by Mark Twain
Related: Gay Pride Quotes
27. “Affairs want to be revealed so the world can know about them. Affairs want to be acknowledged and gain attention.” – by John Updike
28. “There is no such thing as passion. It’s a fantasy that liars make up. The reality is that real love may last a short time or it can last a lifetime.” – by Anna Magnani
29. “It’s better to cheat than to think about cheating.” – by Brigitte Bardot
30. “Be mindful of forbidden love. It will have your brain thinking different things. It will make you forget right from wrong.” – by Rick Riordan
31. “A man would rather see his lover dead than see her cheat on him.” – by Marquis De Sade
32. “The love we have is wrong. Forbidden love will not last a long time. We don’t have the right to be happy with a love like this. When you cry erase the memories of my kiss.” – by Richard Coles
33. “Our forbidden love was never meant to survive. I had no idea life could be this hard without you with me. I see clearly now that we weren’t meant to be together. The love we have is a forbidden love.” – by John West
34. “My heart and mind are telling me two different things. My heart is telling me that this is a great love. My mind is telling me that there is a difference between real love and forbidden love. My mind is also telling me that I shouldn’t want to be with you.” – by Cassandra Clare
35. “When forbidden love is involved, you have to take the bitter with the sweet.” – by Karina Halle
36. “Forbidden love has tempted me in the past. Why does she have to be the woman I’ve been longing for all of this time? I can’t ignore this feeling that I have for her when I know she’ll come to see me.” – by Alih Shaheed Jones-Muhammad
37. “Love is still love even if it’s forbidden.” – by Munia Khan
38. “He was like my drug that I had to have. Once I started there was no way to stop even if it meant feeling guilty for what I had done.” – by Kailin Gow
39. “I told myself I would never kiss you again. I see I can’t keep my word. I can never keep my word when you’re involved.” – by Katherine McGee
40. “People tend to fall for who they can’t have.” – by Patricia Highsmith
41. “When I saw her there was an instant attraction for me. I knew it would be better for me to stay away from her. Having her in my life made me realize what I was longing for. She made me realize that I wanted something I didn’t know I wanted. Now I need to have her in my life.” – by E. R. Wade
In life, you don’t get to choose who gets your heart…you have no control over who you love. It may not be an ideal situation, but your heart is doing the thinking and sometimes taking you places that your logic brain would not go.
So you might end up in a situation where forbidden love takes over and you may get hurt. The other person may not return the feelings you have and it could be painful. You may end up getting hurt if the person you choose isn’t available to be with you even if they decide to see you. It can dangerous for your heart as well as your mind. You have yourself convinced the love is worth it, but you may get heartbroken. There is a chance that the forbidden love could work out too.
Sometimes your mind has you convinced the relationship is better than it is in reality. It could also be dangerous because the other person may become obsessed with you. They may not be able to accept the fact that the relationship isn’t working. It can be passionate or it could be obsessive. You never know what could happen when you are dealing with forbidden love. These forbidden love quotes will give you an idea of how deep it could be. They will help you see if this type of love is worth giving a try.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.
Forbidden Love is easily the juiciest of the lot. Not only is it excruciating if unrequited, but also treacherous and exhilarating. It comes with an unmatched adrenaline rush, and drives us crazy with its countless possibilities and what ifs. As the saying goes, forbidden love is like a poisoned fruit – sweet at first but fatal down the road. No wonder it is such a common topic in popular culture.
If you currently are in forbidden love, have been in the past, or know someone else who is, here are 10 quotes from literature that bring the feeling alive:
10. The Night Circus
Everything I have done, every change I have made to that circus, every impossible feat and astounding sight, I have done for her.
Marco Alistair says this about his lover and rival Celia Bowen, making our heart squeeze with the desperation in his tone. The two lovers are stuck like pawns on the opposite ends of a lifelong game that can only end with death. They have been made to create an enchanted circus and manipulate the lives of hundreds of people. But they cannot stop. Because every single attraction within their
magical campus is a secret love letter to each other. And the day they
stop, the game ends. Their love dissipates. And one of them dies.
9. The Palace of Illusions
We cannot force ourselves to love—or to withhold it. At best, we can curb our actions. The heart itself is beyond control. That is its power, and its weakness.
The attraction between Panchaali and Karna is electric in this retelling of The Mahabharata. The fact that the two hardly interact throughout the book will make your heart ache for them even more. Every time there is a mention of the scandalous bond between them — even if it is as brief as the two coincidentally appearing in white clothes and exchanging a wordless look — you will grab the book just a little bit tighter. As far as forbidden love is
concerned, it rarely gets better than this one.
8. Drowning Instinct
This is a fairy tale with teeth and claws.
A simple sentence perfectly capturing every essence of forbidden love. Whether the book itself is about love at all is highly debatable, but the quote deserves a place on this list. After all, isn’t every forbidden love story a seeming fairy tale that ultimately leaves us shattered and destroyed?
7. Wuthering Heights
It was not the thorn bending to the honeysuckles, but the honeysuckles embracing the thorn.
There’s a reason Wuthering Heights is such a celebrated classic. Catherine and Heathcliffe’s love is passionate and overwhelming; quite shocking in fact for Victorian times. Among the dozens of marvelous quotes in this book, this one hits the nail absolutely on the head. No forbidden love ever is a warm morning after a shivering night. Rather, it is a slice of dusk with impending darkness, and learning to find the sun among the stars.
6. Vampire Academy
You and I will both be Lissa’s gaurdians someday. I need to protect her at all cost. If a pack of Strogoi come, I need to throw my body between them and her. If I let myself love you, I won’t throw myself in front of her. I’ll throw myself in front of you.
This quote easily takes the prize for being the cutest of the lot. It is straightforward, authentic and honest. It is loaded with the helpless factor that makes forbidden love so desirable and is a young adult favourite. Way to go, Dimitri Belikov! Not only are you irresistibly hot, but you also know exactly how it’s done.
5. Tell The Wolves I’m Home
I want to imagine wrinkled time, and forests thick with wolves, and bleak midnight moors. I dream about people who don’t need to have sex to know they love each other. I dream about people who would only ever kiss you on the cheek.
When I was fourteen, my mother once told me: “Someone who truly loves you will never want to touch you.” While that was a poorly worded sentence, I get what she meant and have lived by it ever since. In fact, forbidden love does not always come equipped with sexual feelings, which is what makes it so confusing. In this book, June Elbus utters these words about her own uncle. But it is the innocence
of the thought that drives this quote home.
4. Gone With The Wind
You should be kissed, by someone who knows how.
Seriously though. Is there anything better than Gone With The Wind? This legendary line is by Rhett Butler, to the widowed belle Scarlett O’Hara. It is something that could have been uttered only by him, and it makes me go weak in the knees to this day. It gets even better when you consider not only the literal meaning of the sentence but also the metaphorical one: You need to be put in your place, by someone who has
the capability to tame the tornado that you are.
3. Anna Karenina
He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking.
This is that kind of quote which expresses what you can’t find words to say. I cannot explicitly explain it, because if I could explain this feeling I would have come up with the quote myself. Yet, you understand it perfectly, don’t you? Just like I do. We’ve all felt like this at some point. I believe Leo Tolstoy is magic. And this particular quote is the proof of that.
2. City of Bones
My heart tells me this is the best and greatest feeling I have ever had. But my mind knows the difference between wanting what you can’t have and wanting what you shouldn’t want. And I shouldn’t want you.
I’ll be honest. I’ve never read The Mortal Instruments. Up until a few weeks ago, I didn’t even know the context of this quote. And yet, I’ve carried it around with me for months, saved it up carefully in my phone memo. That’s how good this one is. I love it so much, especially because it expertly plays with the words can’t and shouldn’t. These are two words so easily interchangeable, and yet they can completely alter the nature of the feeling they’re trying
to express. I wish more authors played with these words in the context
of forbidden love. But then, if they did, Cassandra Clare wouldn’t be #2
on my list.
1. 100 Love Sonnets
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
Pablo Neruda is everything. It should therefore be no surprise that he bags the top spot on my list. This quote strongly appeals to the little goth girl within me. It is so hooking and leaves you with so many questions. Who is it about? Is it the person who is dark, or the feeling itself? What happens next? I so wish this quote
was in a novel. That way, I’d know.
Image Sources: Quozio, My Storybook
- Craigslist jacksonville fl cars
- Curl definition 3 step bundle
- Hard maple butcher block countertop
- Les schwab truck tires
Forbidden Love Quotes
Quotes tagged as "forbidden-love" Showing 1-30 of 167
“There is no pretending",Jace said with absolute clarity."I love you,and I will love you until I die,and if there's a life after that,I'll love you then."
She caught her breath.He had said it-the words there was no going back from.”
― Cassandra Clare, City of Glass
“That sounds terrific, thought Cary, just you, your comatose wife your shell-shocked son, and your daughter who hates your guts. Not to mention that your two kids may be in love with each other. Yeah, that sounds like a perfect family reunion.”
― Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
“Jace looked as if she had slapped him. "Why are you determined not to believe us?"
"Because she loves you," said Valentine.
Clary felt the blood drain out of her face.”
― Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
“Do people always fall in love with things they can't have?'
'Always,' Carol said, smiling, too.”
― Patricia Highsmith, The Price of Salt
“My heart tells me this is the best and greatest feeling I have ever had. But my mind knows the difference between wanting what you can’t have and wanting what you shouldn’t want. And I shouldn’t want you.”
― Cassandra Clare, City of Glass
“He can touch your soul. And there is a difference between having your heart break and having your soul shatter.”
― Cassandra Clare, Lady Midnight
“If he touched her, he couldn't talk to her, if he loved her he couldn't leave, if he spoke he couldn't listen, if he fought he couldn't win.”
― Arundhati Roy, The God of Small Things
“He clung to her more tightly, knotting his hands in her hair, trying to tell her, with the press of his mouth on hers, all the things he could never say out loud: I love you; I love you and I don’t care that you’re my sister; don’t be with him, don’t want him, don’t go with him. Be with me. Want me. Stay with me.
I don’t know how to be without you.”
― Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes
“And what do you know of love?"
"That it must be a choice."
"Oh, my naive thief. " I pause briefly to meet his gaze. "Love is rarely a choice.”
― Jessica Khoury, The Forbidden Wish
“She remembered how her heart, so tight, like a scroll, had opened when Arin kissed her.
It had unfurled.
If her heart were truly a scroll, she could burn it.
It would become a tunnel of flame, a handful of ash.
The secrets she had written inside herself would be gone. No one would know”
― Marie Rutkoski, The Winner's Curse
“I'm falling in love with you." As the words left his mouth, his lips pressed to mine, giving me the most intense and explosive kiss I had ever had. With the coldness of his lips and the warmth of his tongue beneath mine I saw fireworks and felt them through every part of my body.”
― Magan Vernon, How to Date an Alien
“He embraced me, and said into my ear, 'I'm going to fuck the shit out of you.'
I lost my breath.
It was crude, it was unexpected, and it set me on fucking fire.”
― Leah Raeder, Unteachable
“It was terrifying to love someone who was forbidden to you. Terrifying to feel something you could never speak of, something that was horrible to almost everyone you knew, something that could destroy your life.”
― Cassandra Clare, Lord of Shadows
“If you think you can stand looking and not touching for eight months, you're welcome to try."
"Try' being the operative word," he said, sighing. "No, I can't. And I don't want to try.”
― Leah Raeder, Unteachable
“We were doomed from the start. A lost cause. A losing battle. And yet, in that narrow instant, I didn't give a single fuck.”
― Julie Johnson, Erasing Faith
“She could smile until the bitter end, no matter what it cost her--because she was a Washington and had been trained to smile through anything.
Even through her own heartbreak.”
― Katharine McGee, American Royals
“Merrill Hartweiss scales a rocky incline toward Renna. The noon sun bakes the hillside as Merrill's boots dig into the broiling sands. Yet another gypsy tune enters his head. It starts off slowly. A lone guitar, its strings strummed with the lustful passion of a young man brushing his fingertips softly against the breasts of his lover. Another guitar joins, like a second hand, exploring her hot flesh, stroking the side of her bare abdomen, and gradually moving upward toward her chest. Then, a female voice joins the guitars; it is slightly raspy, yet sultry; filled with a fiery allure. The guitars pick up in intensity and tempo. There is a rhythmic clapping now, in synchronization with the strumming. The man has entered his lover.
Sweat begins to form on Merrill's forehead, then quickly turns to vapor, dissipating into the blistering heat from the sunlight reflecting off the sands. Steady clapping, louder still. The tempo quickens, progressively and with a vigorous intensity. The man arches his back, cresting then falling; cresting, arching, rising and falling deeper again and again into his lover. The clapping, now faster, still rhythmic, but so much more intense. The guitars keep pace with increasing ferocity. In the woman's voice, short, quick breaths form words as she cries out her lover's name from deep within the throes of a forbidden love”
― Angel Rosa
“He was wild, like her, with the kind of profile sculptors liked to cast in bronze: a fiery young god chiseled from the elements. Even in moments of icy repose, she could sense that menace clawing just beneath the surface. The knowledge of its presence drew her, even as she knew that it should have repelled.”
― Nenia Campbell, Dragon Queen
“You said you didn't want this," she whispered, feeling her stomach melting in on itself.
"I lied." He said, simply”
― January James, A Class Act
“Nobody had ever looked at her like that—as if she were filled with such lethal sweetness that craving could be synonymous with ruin.”
― Nenia Campbell, Quid Pro Quo
“A Faery Song
Sung by the people of Faery over Diarmuid and Grania, in their bridal sleep under a Cromlech.
We who are old, old and gay,
O so old!
Thousands of years, thousands of years,
If all were told:
Give to these children, new from the world,
Silence and love;
And the long dew-dropping hours of the night,
And the stars above:
Give to these children, new from the world,
Rest far from men.
Is anything better, anything better?
Tell us it then:
Us who are old, old and gay,
O so old!
Thousands of years, thousands of years,
If all were told.”
― W.B. Yeats, The Rose
“Nothing about their intimate escapades of the previous night felt wrong at the time, nor did they upon further reflection.”
― Laelia Starla, From Prying Eyes
“The rest: be damned.”
― A.D. Aliwat, In Limbo
“Dia had lived her entire life without touching what shouldn’t be touched.
The thought that in some cases, it might shed a lot of blood stirred Dia’s heart.
However, this cold man, who always deemed everything human-related as ‘troublesome’, for the sake of enabling her to live to her utmost and survive, touched a lot of inconvenient things without ever mentioning any of them.”
― Sakurase Ayaka (桜瀬彩香), The Kingdom of Everlasting Night and the Last Ball
“He had a job that would forever consume his life, and that job didn’t have anything to do with Col’s blue eyes or the flowers that bloomed at his touch.”
― Molly Ringle, Sage and King
“Elle a compris qu’elle n’allait pas mourir. On ne meurt pas d’amour.”
― Géraldine Dalban-Moreynas, On ne meurt pas d'amour
“Yves gathered courage deep inside himself as he rode all the way to the ancestral long-ruined Matasagaris family seat. Would he be able to turn away from his father — to change the preordained will of God? Would he risk staying and living, just living, instead of commencing the fatal and dangerous Journey? All this for the sake of love that could come to every person, every commoner, but to him — the Prince of Maurirta, love was inaccessible before. He closed his eyes and recalled Miela, the way her silky, light-brown hair danced over her shoulders, the flutter of her velvety lashes, and he knew no peace.”
― Ron Sami, The Cradle
“He was usually confident with women, but this whole situation with Crystal unnerved him and he knew he needed to tread cautiously.”
― Laelia Starla, Crystal's Crucible
“He felt himself disappear into his heart and guts, ignoring the risk of detection and capture that even this anonymous contact would pose. *Hayam*, his mother would call it: love that stumbles over the earth in broken ecstasy.”
― G. Willow Wilson, Alif the Unseen
“It is sinful to cherish those whom heaven has doomed to destruction.”
― Horace Walpole, The Castle of Otranto
Quotes and Sayings About Forbidden Love
If he touched her, he couldn't talk to her, if he loved her he couldn't leave, if he spoke he couldn't listen, if he fought he couldn't win.
-- Arundhati Roy
There is a kind of love, the excess of which forbids jealousy.
-- Francois de La Rochefoucauld
Yeah, the whole family knows. It's no big deal. One night at dinner I said, 'Mom, you know the forbidden love that Spock has for Kirk? Well, me too.' It was easier for her to understand that way.
-- Holly Black
Never's just the echo of forever, lonesome as a love that might have been. Let me go on lovin' and believin' 'til it's over. Please don't tell me how the story ends.
-- Kris Kristofferson
We all have the seeds of love in us.We can develop this wonderful source of energy, nurturing the unconditional love that does not expect anything in return.
-- Nhat Hanh
#Unconditional Love#Forbidden Love#Return
Mind and night will meet, though in silence, like forbidden lovers.
-- Philip James Bailey
Love forbidden quote about
These are inspirational, motivational, wise, sad and funny forbidden love quotes, sayings, and proverbs that inspire us. See more quotes by topic on MindBootstrap.
I think we’re just gonna have to be secretly in love with each other and leave it at that.
My heart tells me this is the best and greatest feeling I have ever had. But my mind knows the difference between wanting what you can’t have and wanting what you shouldn’t want. And I shouldn’t want you. ~Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
You’ll always be mine, in the back of my mind…I’ll look for you first in my next life.
Forbidden love provides happiness when there is no happiness.
When unrequited love is the most expensive thing on the menu, sometimes you settle for the daily special. ~Miranda Kenneally
There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable. ~Mark Twain
Love that we cannot have is the one that last the longest. Hurts the deepest, and feels the strongest.
There can be no peace for us, only misery, and the greatest happiness.
I love him so very much, and he loves me. But we have to keep our love a secret from the world. I don’t know what to do, it’s breaking my heart.
We all have the seeds of love in us. We can develop this wonderful source of energy, nurturing the unconditional love that does not expect anything in return. ~Thich Nhat Hanh
His hands are saying that he wants to hold her. His feet are saying that he wants to chase after her’ He’s probably forgotten that I’m here, beside him. ~Ai Yazawa
True love should be lived like an unperfect circle that has its bumps but never ends.
I know that you only come into my life for a reason. You came at the time when I was feeling so down and tired of myself being judged by others. I needed someone. I needed a friend. You were there to cheer me up, accept and understand me for who I am.
My eyes are tempted by the smile of an angel, and your lips whisper secrets of forbidden love. ~Natasha Harvey
Some of the best moments in life are the ones you can’t tell anyone about.
I hope you enjoyed our gathered collection of the best forbidden love quotes. Please share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
What is your one? Would you like to add another one here? Share in the comments!
Yes you know, you bastard, whom you have now insulted, huh. You know that this man saved me once, I owe him the grave of my life, and you, bitch, but I you. - How was I to know ?. - asked the security guard, but they did not listen to him, Bob hit the guy again, hard, backhand. - And don't you dare look at me here.
You will also like:
- Samsung 80 inch tv
- Stone mountain call of duty
- John deere flash codes
- Windows 10 restart stuck
- Tome of fire osrs
- Shop vac bags 3 gallon
- Warrior dash kansas city 2021
- Xp pen artist 12 cables
- Harbor freight gas welding cart
- Figure me out maths worksheet
- Kayak ocean isle beach nc
- Pokemon go electric weakness
- What is my roblox name
I went up to her and - finally - put my arms around her shoulders. But she broke free and unexpectedly furiously rebuked me: - Well, why don't you let me play. Why is everyone allowed, but not me.