Top Oil Stocks
What you need to know… The S&P 500 Index ($SPX ) (SPY ) on Monday closed up by +0.47%, the Dow Jones Industrials Index ($DOWI ) (DIA ) closed up +0.18%, and the Nasdaq 100 Index ($IUXX ) (QQQ ) closed...
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that traded heavily or had substantial price changes Monday:
What you need to know… The S&P 500 Index ($SPX ) (SPY ) this morning is down -0.08%, the Dow Jones Industrials Index ($DOWI ) (DIA ) is down -0.12%, and the Nasdaq 100 Index ($IUXX ) (QQQ ) is up +0.11%....
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that traded heavily or had substantial price changes Thursday:
Bitcoin's new highs & Trump Media proposed SPAC merger have retail traders in a frenzy
What you need to know… The S&P 500 Index ($SPX ) (SPY ) on Wednesday closed up +0.37%, the Dow Jones Industrials Index ($DOWI ) (DIA ) closed up +0.43%, and the Nasdaq 100 Index ($IUXX ) (QQQ ) closed...
Oil and Gas Stocks
Oil and Gas Stocks
5.50k followers • 30 symbolsWatchlist by Yahoo Finance
Follow this list to discover and track stocks in the oil and gas industry.
Curated byYahoo Finance
Follow this list to discover and track stocks in the oil and gas industry. This list includes the world's largest publicly traded oil and gas companies which perform roles such as drilling, refining, equipment and services, E&P, midstream, and integrated.
The list includes stocks priced at $5 or more with a three month average daily trading volume in excess of 200,000 shares. This list is generated daily and sorted by market cap; the gains are based on the latest closing price and limited to the top 30 stocks that meet the criteria.
This watchlist is similar to a discontinued watchlist called Frack Attack.
Yahoo Finance employs sophisticated algorithms to monitor and detect trends in the Global Financial Markets. We bring these insights to you in the form of watchlists.
Find other winning investment ideas with the Yahoo Finance Screener.How are these weighted?
The stocks in this watchlist are weighted equally.
|Watchlist||Change Today||1 Month Return||1 Year Return||Total Return|
|Oil and Gas Stocks||-0.27%||-||-||-|
|Symbol||Company Name||Last Price||Change||% Change||Market Time||Volume||Avg Vol (3 month)||Market Cap|
|XOM||Exxon Mobil Corporation||65.2684||+0.92||+1.43%||1:43 PM EDT||14.59M||20.55M||276.32B|
|CVX||Chevron Corporation||114.0489||+0.20||+0.17%||1:43 PM EDT||4.65M||10.53M||220.56B|
|RDS-B||Royal Dutch Shell plc||48.885||-0.43||-0.86%||1:43 PM EDT||1.75M||3.41M||189.24B|
|RDS-A||Royal Dutch Shell plc||48.6907||-0.37||-0.75%||1:43 PM EDT||2.46M||5.26M||188.48B|
|PTR||PetroChina Company Limited||50.8||-0.48||-0.94%||1:41 PM EDT||57.41k||231.25k||159.07B|
|TTE||TotalEnergies SE||50.655||-0.30||-0.58%||1:43 PM EDT||994.12k||2.13M||134.18B|
|OGZPY||Public Joint Stock Company Gazprom||10.42||+0.02||+0.19%||1:25 PM EDT||201.56k||486.10k||123.19B|
|COP||ConocoPhillips||77.0637||+0.54||+0.71%||1:43 PM EDT||3.68M||8.63M||103.19B|
|BP||BP p.l.c.||29.475||-0.23||-0.79%||1:43 PM EDT||4.07M||10.76M||98.17B|
|EQNR||Equinor ASA||27.945||-0.15||-0.52%||1:43 PM EDT||1.94M||2.57M||90.76B|
|ENB||Enbridge Inc.||42.66||-||-||1:43 PM EDT||1.66M||3.78M||86.43B|
|PBR||Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. - Petrobras||10.57||-0.14||-1.31%||1:43 PM EDT||17.71M||27.91M||68.94B|
|PBR-A||Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. - Petrobras||10.345||-0.16||-1.57%||1:43 PM EDT||5.77M||11.12M||68.37B|
|EOG||EOG Resources, Inc.||94.6288||+0.59||+0.63%||1:43 PM EDT||1.44M||4.62M||55.25B|
|TRP||TC Energy Corporation||54.625||-0.15||-0.28%||1:42 PM EDT||347.10k||1.42M||53.57B|
|EPD||Enterprise Products Partners L.P.||24.345||-0.22||-0.88%||1:43 PM EDT||3.88M||6.64M||53.20B|
|E||Eni S.p.A.||28.61||+0.03||+0.10%||1:43 PM EDT||78.20k||289.50k||50.88B|
|CNQ||Canadian Natural Resources Limited||42.55||-0.14||-0.33%||1:43 PM EDT||1.19M||2.94M||50.24B|
|SLB||Schlumberger Limited||34.3789||+0.02||+0.06%||1:43 PM EDT||7.48M||10.73M||48.23B|
|PXD||Pioneer Natural Resources Company||192.12||-0.57||-0.30%||1:42 PM EDT||923.67k||2.02M||46.87B|
|MPC||Marathon Petroleum Corporation||68.17||-0.03||-0.04%||1:43 PM EDT||3.26M||5.67M||43.51B|
|KMI||Kinder Morgan, Inc.||17.7276||-0.12||-0.69%||1:43 PM EDT||5.42M||14.33M||40.20B|
|PSX||Phillips 66||82.18||-1.55||-1.85%||1:43 PM EDT||876.01k||2.98M||35.99B|
|SU||Suncor Energy Inc.||23.57||+0.06||+0.26%||1:43 PM EDT||3.06M||7.37M||34.99B|
|WMB||The Williams Companies, Inc.||28.73||-0.07||-0.24%||1:43 PM EDT||2.43M||8.14M||34.91B|
|VLO||Valero Energy Corporation||81.85||-0.84||-1.02%||1:43 PM EDT||878.76k||3.72M||33.46B|
|OXY||Occidental Petroleum Corporation||35.3227||+0.10||+0.29%||1:43 PM EDT||10.70M||16.84M||32.98B|
|EC||Ecopetrol S.A.||15.37||+0.07||+0.46%||1:43 PM EDT||393.51k||841.80k||31.60B|
|MPLX||MPLX LP||30.72||-0.27||-0.87%||1:43 PM EDT||1.08M||1.84M||31.41B|
|OKE||ONEOK, Inc.||66||+0.13||+0.20%||1:43 PM EDT||1.05M||2.27M||29.41B|
Investing in Top Oil Stocks
How do I invest in oil stocks?
It's important for investors to be aware of the oil sector's volatility. Because of that, it's best to focus on companies built to weather the sector's inevitable downturns. That means focusing on those with relative immunity to price fluctuations, such as E&Ps with ultra-low production costs and integrated oil giants. Another way to invest in the oil patch is to focus on using it to generate dividend income.
Are oil and gas companies a good investment?
While oil and gas is a comparatively risky sector, some companies are safer than others. Petroleum-based fuels and natural gas usually have a cost advantage over other heating and transportation fuels, and they have a massive infrastructure advantage over emerging clean energy fuels. That said, the industry also has some negative features that increase risk for investors.
Should I invest in oil and gas companies now?
The coronavirus pandemic caused global oil demand to crash while oil producers slashed their output to ride out the downturn. But, as travel and commerce recovered, it led to the demand for oil products recovering faster than production could respond. As a result, oil prices have returned to recent pre-COVID levels.
The tightening of supply and the recovery in global demand certainly bodes well for many oil and gas companies, and some could be huge winners in the near term. However, if energy investors should have learned anything over the past decade, it's that market conditions can change quickly. For this reason, most investors considering oil stocks would do well to focus on high-quality, larger integrated oil companies such as the ones described in this article.
Got $500? These 3 Stocks Could Make You Richer 1 Dividend Check at a Time
These dividend stocks have steadily grown investor wealth.
Matthew DiLallo, Neha Chamaria, and Reuben Gregg Brewer | Oct 23, 2021
Schlumberger Limited (SLB) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
SLB earnings call for the period ending September 30, 2021.
Motley Fool Transcribers | Oct 22, 2021
Why Oil Stock Kinder Morgan Sank Today
The 5.8%-yielding oil and gas stock's third-quarter numbers failed to impress the market, but investors don't have to worry.
Neha Chamaria | Oct 21, 2021
Kinder Morgan Remains Well Positioned as the Energy Market Pivots
The energy infrastructure company's legacy businesses continue to thrive as it adds new growth drivers.
Matthew DiLallo | Oct 21, 2021
Kinder Morgan (KMI) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
KMI earnings call for the period ending September 30, 2021.
Motley Fool Transcribing | Oct 21, 2021
Halliburton (HAL) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
HAL earnings call for the period ending September 30, 2021.
Motley Fool Transcribing | Oct 19, 2021
3 Top Oil Stocks to Buy as Crude Oil Barrels Toward $85
Crude oil continues to rally, which should benefit this trio of low-cost oil producers.
Matthew DiLallo | Oct 19, 2021
Why Core Laboratories Stock Is Sinking Today
An analyst questions the oil-field service company's recovery.
Matthew DiLallo | Oct 18, 2021
Is Kinder Morgan Stock a Buy?
Are there enough reasons to buy the stock apart from an attractive dividend yield?
Rekha Khandelwal | Oct 14, 2021
$80 Oil: The Best Stock to Buy Now
This high-yielding Dividend Aristocrat is a safer way to invest in the oil boom.
Daniel Foelber | Oct 12, 2021
Top Oil and Gas Stocks for Q4 2021
The oil & gas industry comprises upstream companies that explore and produce energy, midstream pipeline companies that transport and store energy, and downstream companies that refine oil and gas into finished products. Additionally, there are companies that provide oilfield drilling equipment and services. Some also manufacture and maintain equipment used in production. The industry's biggest companies are Netherlands-based Royal Dutch Shell PLC (RDS.A), U.K.-based BP PLC (BP), and Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM).
Oil demand and prices collapsed in the spring of 2020 as COVID-19 prompted governments to shut down commerce and require millions of people to stay at home. However, crude oil prices have recovered after governments have gradually permitted businesses to reopen, and new vaccines have opened the door to an economic recovery.
The oil & gas industry is best represented by the Energy Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLE). While the energy sector consists of non-oil & -gas companies, its dominant components are from the oil & gas industry. Therefore, the energy sector's performance is a good benchmark for the oil & gas sector as a whole. The XLE ETF posted a total return of 54.2% over the last year, outperforming the Russell 1000's 37.1% total return. These market performance figures and all statistics in the tables below are as of Sept. 10, 2021.
Here are the top 3 oil and gas stocks with the best value, the fastest growth, and the most momentum.
Best Value Oil and Gas Stocks
These are the oil and gas stocks with the lowest 12-month trailing price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio. Because profits can be returned to shareholders in the form of dividends and buybacks, a low P/E ratio shows you’re paying less for each dollar of profit generated.
|Best Value Oil and Gas Stocks|
|Price ($)||Market Cap ($B)||12-Month Trailing P/E Ratio|
|California Resources Corp. (CRC)||39.33||3.2||0.9|
|Baytex Energy Corp. (BTE.TO)||CA$2.36||CA$1.3||1.1|
|Surgutneftegas PJSC (SGTPY)||5.20||18.6||1.2|
- California Resources Corp.: California Resources is an independent oil and natural gas exploration & production (E&P) company with operations located in California.
- Baytex Energy Corp.: Baytex Energy is a Canada-based oil and gas company. It is focused on the acquisition, development, and production of crude oil and natural gas in both Canada and the U.S.
- Surgutneftegas PJSC: Surgutneftegas is a Russia-based oil and gas company engaged in exploration, drilling and production, oil refining, and gas processing. Its E&P operations are located in three of Russia's oil and gas provinces.
Fastest Growing Oil and Gas Stocks
These are the top oil and gas stocks as ranked by a growth model that scores companies based on a 50/50 weighting of their most recent quarterly YOY percentage revenue growth and their most recent quarterly YOY earnings-per-share (EPS) growth. Both sales and earnings are critical factors in the success of a company. Therefore, ranking companies by only one growth metric makes a ranking susceptible to the accounting anomalies of that quarter (such as changes in tax law or restructuring costs) that may make one or the other figure unrepresentative of the business in general. Companies with quarterly EPS or revenue growth of over 2,500% were excluded as outliers.
|Fastest Growing Oil and Gas Stocks|
|Price ($)||Market Cap ($B)||EPS Growth (%)||Revenue Growth (%)|
|Northern Oil & Gas Inc. (NOG)||17.27||1.1||N/A (see company description)||992.2|
|Spartan Delta Corp. (SDE.TO)||CA$4.45||CA$0.7||-85.2||716.5|
|Continental Resources Inc. (CLR)||38.59||14.2||N/A (see company description)||603.1|
- Northern Oil & Gas Inc.: Northern Oil & Gas is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas properties. Its operations are located in different regions throughout the U.S. The company announced in early August that it was increasing its quarterly common stock dividend by 50% compared to the prior quarter. The dividend will be payable on Oct. 29, 2021 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on Sept. 30, 2021. Northern Oil & Gas reported negative EPS in the most recent quarter, which is why an EPS growth rate could not be calculated for the above table.
- Spartan Delta Corp.: Spartan Delta is a Canada-based oil and gas company engaged in the exploration, development, and production of petroleum and natural gas properties in western Canada. The company announced at the end of August that it has completed its previously announced acquisition of Velvet Energy Ltd., a privately held light-oil producer, for CA$751.5 million ($593.7 million).
- Continental Resources Inc.: Continental Resources is a crude oil and natural gas company. It is focused on the exploration and production of oil and natural gas properties in various regions throughout the U.S. The company announced in late July that it would pay a $0.15 quarterly dividend on Aug. 20, 2021, representing a 36.4% increase from the dividend paid in Q2 2021. Continental Resources reported negative EPS in the year-ago quarter compared to positive EPS in the most recent quarter, which is why an EPS growth rate could not be calculated for the above table.
Oil and Gas Stocks with the Most Momentum
These are the oil and gas stocks that had the highest total return over the last 12 months. Companies with total returns over 2,500% were excluded as outliers.
|Oil and Gas Stocks with the Most Momentum|
|Price ($)||Market Cap ($B)||12-Month Trailing Total Return (%)|
|Vertex Energy Inc. (VTNR)||6.76||0.4||1,230|
|SM Energy Co. (SM)||19.83||2.4||997.1|
|Centennial Resource Development Inc. (CDEV)||5.24||1.5||915.7|
|Russell 1000 Index||N/A||N/A||37.1|
|Energy Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLE)||N/A||N/A||54.2|
- Vertex Energy Inc.: Vertex Energy is a specialty refiner of alternative feedstocks and marketer of high-purity petroleum products. The company supplies base oils to the lubricant manufacturing industry in North America. Vertex Energy announced in late June that it has agreed to sell its portfolio of used motor oil collection and recycling assets to Safety-Kleen Systems Inc., a subsidiary of Clean Harbors Inc. (CLH), for $140 million. The transaction is expected to close during the third quarter of 2021.
- SM Energy Co.: SM Energy is an independent energy company engaged in the exploration, development, and production of crude oil and natural gas. Its operations are located in various regions throughout the U.S.
- Centennial Resource Development Inc.: Centennial Resource Development is an independent oil and natural gas company. It is focused on developing oil and natural gas reserves in the Permian Basin.
The comments, opinions and analyses expressed herein are for informational purposes only and should not be considered individual investment advice or recommendations to invest in any security or to adopt any investment strategy. While we believe the information provided herein is reliable, we do not warrant its accuracy or completeness. The views and strategies described on our content may not be suitable for all investors. Because market and economic conditions are subject to rapid change, all comments, opinions, and analyses contained within our content are rendered as of the date of the posting and may change without notice. The material is not intended as a complete analysis of every material fact regarding any country, region, market, industry, investment, or strategy.
Stock crude symbols oil
I figured out a hundred names until I found the Virus. I deleted it, I go on. Where are the copies, here they are.Futures Trading: Crude oil and oil stocks setups to watch - Simpler Trading
I scratched the back of my head. No, not even a bump. Well, and the temperature. - No, everything seems to be in order.
You will also be interested:
- Subaru legacy 2016 oil type
- Amazon the sum of us
- Personalized toy chest for boy
- Stihl fs90r clutch drum replacement
- Contemporary nightstands set of 2
- 2012 gmc terrain price used
- Master volume vs channel volume
- Mechanisms of evolution answer key
The violent juices of Dasha's pussy filled her ass. My testicles loudly slapped on delicious buns, making Dasha even more excited. The girl was no longer shy about moaning loudly, which turned me on, and I, grabbing Dasha by the ass, began to jerk her pussy. Up to the testicles.