On this page, you can download OBS Studio (also known as Open Broadcaster Software Studio).
It’s free open-source and multiplatform software for video recording and live streaming.
With OBS Studio, you can stream on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, Huya, Douyu, VK, and any other RTMP server.
There are Windows, mac OS X, and Linux versions are available. You can also build OBS Studio from source code.
Download OBS Studio for Windows
Supported Windows Versions (32 bit and 64 bit):
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 and 8.1
Download OBS Studio for mac OS X
Download OBS Studio for Linux
Any installation directions marked Unofficial are not maintained by the OBS Studio author and may not be up to date or stable.
NOTE: OpenGL 3.2 or later is required to use OBS Studio on Linux. You can check what version of OpenGL is supported by your system by typing the following into the terminal:glxinfo | grep "OpenGL"
- FFmpeg is required. If you do not have the FFmpeg installed (if you’re not sure, then you probably don’t have it), you can get it with the following commands:
For Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, FFmpeg is not officially included so you will need a specific PPA:sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kirillshkrogalev/ffmpeg-next sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
For Ubuntu 15.04 and following versions, FFmpeg is officially included, so you don’t need add PPA and you can install it with this command:sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
- xserver-xorg version 1.18.4 or newer is recommended to avoid potential performance issues with certain features in OBS, such as the fullscreen projector.
You can install OBS Studio on Ubuntu Linux with the following commands:sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install obs-studio
Arch Linux (Unofficial)
“Release” version is available on community repository:sudo pacman -S obs-studio
Manjaro Installation (Unofficial)
- Graphical: search “obs-studio” on Pamac Manager or Octopi
- Command-line: install it via pacman with the following command: sudo pacman -S obs-studio
Fedora Installation (Unofficial)
- OBS Studio is included in RPM Fusion. If you do not have it configured (if you’re not sure, then you probably don’t have it), you can do so with the following command: sudo dnf install https://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm https://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm
- Then you can install OBS with the following command (this pulls all dependencies, including NVENC-enabled ffmpeg): sudo dnf install obs-studio
- For NVIDIA Hardware accelerated encoding make sure you have CUDA installed (in case of an older card, install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-340xx-cuda instead): sudo dnf install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-cuda
- The Packman repository contains the obs-studio package since it requires the fuller version of FFmpeg which is in Packman for legal reasons. If you do not already have the Packman repository add it as shown below.
For openSUSE Tumbleweed:sudo zypper ar --refresh --priority 90 http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Tumbleweed packman
For openSUSE Leap 42.3:sudo zypper ar --refresh http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.3 packman
For openSUSE Leap 42.2:sudo zypper ar --refresh http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.2 packman
For openSUSE Leap 42.1:sudo zypper ar --refresh http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.1 packman
For openSUSE 13.2:sudo zypper ar --refresh http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_13.2 packman
It is recommended to set the priority for Packman lower so it takes precedence over base repositories (skip on Tumbleweed as included in initial command).sudo zypper mr --priority 90 packman
- The Packman version of FFmpeg should be used for full codec support.
To ensure any existing FFmpeg packages are switched to Packman versions execute the following before installing obs-studio.sudo zypper dup --repo packman
- Install the obs-studio package. sudo zypper in obs-studio
NixOS Installation (Unofficial)nix-env -i obs-studio
Download source code
Source code of OBS Studio 27.1.3:
The latest source code of OBS Studio (master branch):
OBS Classic and OBS Studio 64-bitare both equipped with a powerful API, enabling plugin development to provide further customization and functionality specific to your needs. Work with developers in the streaming community to get the features you need. OBS has been rebuilt from the ground up to be even more lightweight and high performance than before.
Is OBS Studio safe to use? Is it virus free?
Yes! The program is an open-source project, which means the programming code is open for anyone to look at or improve, so you can see exactly how it works. Any changes to the code are reviewed by other OBS contributors, so no one can add anything malicious. As long as you download OBS from this website, you will receive the latest version which is safe to use and free of malware. OBS contains no advertisements or bundled software/adware and it will never ask for payment. If you've been asked to pay for OBS, this is a scam and you should request a refund or chargeback the payment.
Features and Highlights
High performance real time video/audio capturingand mixing. Create scenes made up of multiple sources including window captures, images, text, browser windows, webcams, capture cards and more.
Set up an unlimited number of scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
Intuitive Audio Mixer
Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support.
For video sources such as image masking, color correction, chroma/color keying, and more.
Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
Streamlined Settings panel gives you access to a wide array of configuration options to tweak every aspect of your broadcast or recording.
Modular 'Dock' UI allows you to rearrange the layout exactly as you like. You can even pop out each individual Dock to its own window.
Video Transitions Effects
Choose from a number of different and customizable transitions for when you switch between your scenes or add your own stinger video files.
Set hotkeys for nearly every sort of action, such as switching between scenes, starting/stopping streams or recordings, muting audio sources, push to talk, and more.
Studio Mode lets you preview your scenes and sources before pushing them live. Adjust your scenes and sources or create new ones and ensure they're perfect before your viewers ever see them.
Get a high level view of your production using the Multiview. Monitor 8 different scenes and easily cue or transition to any of them with merely a single or double click.
Also Available: Download OBS Studio for Mac and OBS Studio Portable
Download OBS Studio (64-bit) Latest Version
OBS Studio 27.1.1 (64-bit)
OBS Studio (a rewrite of the original Open Broadcaster) is a comprehensive open-source package for video recording and live streaming.
The program supports multiple sources, including media files, games, web pages, application windows, webcams, your desktop, microphone and more.
These sources can be combined. For example, you could include a web development tool, a browser window with a live preview of the site you're updating, and a microphone to tell the viewers what you're doing.
A Record option can save your show/ demonstration/ game/ presentation as an FLV/ MP4/ MOV/ TS/ M3U8 video with your choice of encoder and settings.
Alternatively, there's support for live streaming via Twitch, YouTube, hitbox.tv, DailyMotion, beam.tv, Livecoding.tv, Facebook Live or Restream.io.
The program doesn't make much of an effort to lead you through all this, but it doesn't take long to figure out the basics. Add a source, explore the settings, click Start Recording and check the video results.
OBS Studio could be easier to use, but you'll soon learn the basics, and overall it offers plenty of video recording/ streaming power.
Designed for online video streamers on platforms like YouTube and Twitch.TV, OBS Studio is video capture and video broadcasting software for sharing live video streams.
The application has a wonderful setup interface, making it a quick and easy task to setup immediate streaming with a long list of online platforms. It's minimalist in design and setup but highly effective.
Apart from live online streaming, the program functions perfectly as a capable video capture application which can save captured video to disk in a variety of formats like MOV, MKV, MP4, etc.
Stream quality can be configured in the application and depending on available bandwidth, a 4K resolution is possible.
OBS Studio has a developer API which makes creating and download plug-ins easy and flexible. Within the program, you can also create transitions between scenes for a professional look.
With OBS Studio, creating video from different sources is one of its main highlights, making capture of video game play, text, images, desktop recordings and more possible.
All in all, we're looking at a highly flexible video capture application perfect for gamers and other online streamers.
Features and highlights
- Intuitive audio mixer
- Multiple video sources filters
- Powerful configuration option
- Streamlined settings panel
- Multiple themes
- Real-time audio/video capturing and mixing
- Live RTMP streaming to Twitch, YouTube, DailyMotion, Hitbox and more
OBS Studio 27.1.3 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from video capture software without restrictions. OBS Studio 27.1.3 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows. As an open source project, you are free to view the source code and distribute this software application freely.
The program was created by the developer as a freeware product, but donations for the continued development are highly appreciated. You may generally make a donation via the developer's main web site.
- OBS Studio Download
- Freeware Video Capture Software
- Open source and GPL software
- Major release: OBS Studio 27.1
- Screen Capture Software
Free download studio obs
To set up Open Broadcaster Software so you can broadcast your games through the Internet, you just have to get the stream key from your Twitch account, which you can easily do from your dashboard.
From the settings in Open Broadcaster Software you can choose the resolution, frames per second, and audio outputs. In addition, you can change the video coding system and set keyboard shortcuts.
An important step into broadcasting with Open Broadcaster Software is creating a profile. To do this, you just have to right-click on Source, and add the game you want to broadcast. It's that easy.
Open Broadcaster Software also lets you record your games and save them on your hard drive. To do this you have to change the settings from broadcasting to saving on local device. This way, you can record any game in MP4 format.
OBS Studio is an excellent broadcasting application that you can use to record your games and share them in a really simple, quick, and easy way.
High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing. Create scenes made up of multiple sources including window captures, images, text, browser windows, webcams, capture cards and more. Stream to Twitch, YouTube and many other providers.
- High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing, with unlimited scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Live streaming to Twitch, YouTube, Periscope, GoodGame, DailyMotion, Hitbox, VK and any other RTMP server
- Filters for video sources such as image masking, color correction, chroma/color keying, and more.
- x264, H.264 and AAC for your live streams and video recordings
- Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVIDIA NVENC support
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources
- Number of different and customizable transitions for when you switch between scenes
- Hotkeys for almost any action such as start or stop your stream or recording, push-to-talk, fast mute of any audio source, show or hide any video source, switch between scenes,and much more
- Live preview of any changes on your scenes and sources using Studio Mode before pushing them to your stream where your viewers will see those changes
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc)
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- Streamlined Settings panel for quickly configuring your broadcasts and recordings. Switch between different profiles with ease.
- Light and dark themes available to fit your environment.
- …and many other features. For free. At all.
New Features and Additions
- Added Undo/Redo [Programatic/Jim]
- Added a new capture method for Display Capture, allowing the ability to capture displays cross-GPU. This fixes the black screen issues on laptops in particular (Requires Windows 10, 1903 or newer) [jpark37]
- For users who have previously switched the “default” GPU to the integrated GPU, it is recommended to remove the override and instead use the new toggle in the Display Capture source
- Added a missing files warning when loading scene collections [VodBox]
- Also allows for bulk-update when folders have been moved (such as between computers)
- Third party plugins will need to add support for this capability manually
- Added source visibility transitions, which allow you to set a transition for a source when showing or hiding it [exeldro]
- Added service integration and browser dock support to macOS and Linux [tbodt, cg2121]
- Added support for Wayland on Linux. This includes a new PipeWire capture source when using Wayland (for Ubuntu users, 20.10 or newer is required for PipeWire capture) [GeorgeStavracas]
- (Windows only) Added support for NVIDIA Noise Removal in the Noise Suppression filter (requires the NVIDIA Audio Effects SDK and a compatible GPU) [pkviet]
- Added a Track Matte mode to stinger transitions, which supports a scene mask to display parts of the previous & current scene at the same time [Palakis]
- Added support for SRGB texture formats, applying color operations in linear space [jpark37]
- When saving a file, the saved file path will be shown in the status bar [cg2121]
- Media Sources & Stingers now support hardware decoding on macOS [eric]
- Added an interact button to the source toolbar for the browser source [cg2121]
- You can now refresh a browser dock in the right-click context menu [WizardCM]
- Re-enabled Python scripting support on macOS by adding support for Python 3.8 and above [PatTheMav]
- Added presets for 1080p and 4K in the macOS Video Capture Device source [vangdfang]
- Added a virtual camera toggle to the system tray menu [cg2121]
- Automatic rotation on Video Capture Devices can now be manually disabled [drewler]
- Added launch parameter to disable high-DPI scaling (--disable-high-dpi-scaling) [Lordmau5]
- Added Edit Script button to the script dialog [exeldro]
- Added auto reset option to v4l2 source to handle dropouts with certain devices [esden]
- Added frontend API functions for the virtual camera, value of the t-bar, and to reset video [cg2121, cpyarger, tt2468]
- Improved startup time on Windows by not attempting to load plugin dependencies as OBS plugins [R1CH]
- Improved performance when capturing OpenGL games with Game Capture on Windows [jpark37]
- The transitions menu will now be disabled when currently in the middle of a transition [cg2121]
- Fixed an issue when importing a Scene Collection that has special characters, causing the import to silently fail [RytoEX]
- Fixed a bug where DX12 games on Windows would capture game frames out-of-order [jpark37]
- Fixed an issue where Media Source wouldn’t reconnect to remote streams [MegLi619]
- Fixed an issue that would cause silent audio across all sources when a media source reaches max buffering [marcan]
- Fixed VirtualCam crashing clients when using a custom placeholder image [R1CH]
- Fixed VST paths on Linux [tytan652]
- Fixed an issue with on High-DPI displays where the Canvas Resolution would be set to the scaled resolution in Settings and Auto-Config [Nirusu]
- Fixed an issue where Video Settings would not be saved when using “Resize output (source size)” [WizardCM]
- Fixed a crash with Window Capture on Windows that could occur if the window was destroyed [jpark37]
- Fixed an issue where resizing sources within groups would not correctly resize the group [WizardCM]
- Fixed an issue where drag and drop would require ignore uppercase file extensions [bershanskiy]
- Fixed an issue with key modifiers in the Interact dialog for browser sources on Windows [Scrxtchy]
- Fixed a crash on macOS when updating, caused by VirtualCam signature changes [PatTheMav]
- Fixed a hang when attempting to reconnect to an RTMP server while streaming [Thulinma]
- Fixed a crash that would happen on Linux when audio backends are disabled [Chiitoo]
- Fixed bframes=0 not working with QSV encoder [Lin]
- Fixed a potential deadlock when dragging sources to reorder [wangshaohui1314]
- Fixed Window Capture on Windows being stuck on the last frame when a window no longer exists [wangshaohui1314]
- Fixed a crash related to changing the “Capture Cursor” [jpark37]
- Fixed a scene collections not importing correctly from other operating systems [RtoEX]
- Fixed a minor performance bug with the decklink output [cg2121]
Previous release notes:
- Added the ability to capture Vulkan-based games with game capture. Big thanks to Ubisoft Montreal for submitting this feature! [Littlematth/jpark37/Jim]
- Added a new capture method to window capture which allows capturing browsers, browser-based windows, and Microsoft Store (UWP) programs [jpark37]
- By default, it will use "Automatic", which will use the normal method on most windows, and the new method on browsers, browser-based windows, and Microsoft Store (UWP) programs
- The downside of the new method is that it can cause a bit of cursor lag, as well as a highlighted border around the captured window. The border itself does not get captured, however.
- You can choose which capture method to use in window capture properties
- Added advanced scene collection importing (on the menu bar, Scene Collection -> Import) which allows you to import from other common streaming programs [Dillon]
- Added Media source hotkeys to allow control of playback (stop/pause/play/restart) [cg2121]
- For now, these are just hotkeys. User interface for this is also planned for future updates
- Added the ability to drag and drop URLs to create browser sources (after displaying a confirmation prompt to ensure it was by intention) [WizardCM]
- Developers can add an embed to their web pages that let them pre-specify parameters that automatically get set in the source when it's dragged into OBS. See this link for more details: https://obsproject.com/tools/browser-drag-and-drop
- Added T-bar to studio mode [cg2121]
- Note that this will not work while using a Stinger transition or the "Cut" transition
- Added support for the SRT protocol (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Reliable_Transport) [boxerab]
- This is available by choosing "Custom" under Stream settings > Service, then entering your srt:// path into the Server box.
- Added a button grid mode to the scenes list, which can be toggled via right-clicking on the scenes list [Dillon]
- Added ability to lock volume values of audio sources via their right-click context menu in the mixer [cg2121]
- Added source icons to the source list that give a more visible indication of their function (can be disabled in the View menu) [cg2121]
- Added support for cube LUT files in the LUT filter [jpark37]
- Added an option to show all audio sources to advanced audio settings [exeldro]
- Added an option to use percent rather than dB in advanced audio properties via right-clicking items in the window [cg2121]
- Added a button to save replay buffer next to the replay buffer button (similar to the pause button on the recording button) [cg2121]
- Added support for certain devices that can automatically rotate their camera output such as the Logitech StreamCam [Jim]
- Added the ability to change the projector type to the projector's right-click context menu [cg2121]
- Added the ability to copy/paste multiple selected sources [torresam]
- Added an option to enable/disable BTTV and/or FFZ chat extensions when connecting your Twitch account in the stream section of settings [Rodney]
- Added a system tray icon to show when the recording is paused [Programatic]
- Added a "Custom Quantization Matrix" option to QSV encoder (available on Ice Lake or newer) [brittneysclark]
- Added an option to toggle looping to the scroll filter [Dillon]
- Added a "Fade to Black" option for quick transitions in studio mode [cg2121]
- Added string specifiers to the Filename Formatting option in advanced settings which allows you to specify certain settings such as resolution and FPS to recording filenames [exeldro]
- Added a hotkey to reset the stats window/panel [cg2121]
- Added help icons when an property has a tooltip associated with it [WizardCM]
- Added monitor names in monitor selection context menus [WizardCM]
- Video settings now shows aspect ratio of canvas and output resolutions [cg2121]
- Increased default size of color source to the size of the canvas [cg2121]
- Increased default size of text in text sources [cg2121]
- Increased the number of files you can open with the image slideshow at once [Jim]
- Added various minor performance improvements [jpark37]
- The mask filter will now reload the mask automatically if the mask file has been modified [omkelderman]
- The browser source now uses a monospace font for the custom CSS property [WizardCM]
- Redesigned Decklink output UI by combining the start and stop buttons and highlighting them when the output is active. [cg2121]
- Removed the older deprecated NVENC encoder in advanced output mode to prevent confusion. You will now only see "NVENC (new)" (which we will eventually rename back to just "NVENC"). Rescaling is now supported on it (automatically falls back to the older implementation internally)
- Fixed an issue where window capture could select an unintended window when opening its properties [Jim/Dillon]
- Fixed browser source not loading files with a hash character in the path [Dillon]
- Fixed a bug where importing profiles didn't work correctly in portable mode [WizardCM]
- Fixed a bug where resizing docks wouldn't work when hotkeys were disabled while OBS is focused [WizardCM]
- Fixed a bug where preview wasn't fully disabled when minimized [R1CH]
- Fixed a bug where the program could crash on startup if the system had flash installed on it [R1CH/Jim]
- Fixed a bug where the media source could sometimes lock up on a frame [Jim]
- Fixed a bug where Twitch browser panels would not use dark theme the first time they run [Jim]
- Fixed a bug where the recording audio bitrate would be too low when using a custom recording quality in simple output mode [Fenrir]
- Fixed a bug where a reconnected stream would drop to 0 kbps and disconnect if using audio track 2 [R1CH]
- Fixed a bug when using multiple game captures where the wrong game would sometimes be captured [Dillon]
- Fixed a crash when entering large resolutions in video settings [cg2121]
- Fixed a crash with PulseAudio on Linux [cg2121]
- Fixed a crash on shutdown that could occur after using the auto configuration wizard [R1CH]
- Fixed a crash with the VLC and slideshow sources when adding directories containing files with many unicode characters [R1CH]
- Fixed a crash on startup if a plugin saved whitespace to its config file (this primarily affected the Tuna plugin) [R1CH]
- Fixed a crash when no Decklink outputs are available, such as when the input is active at the same time [cg2121]
- Fixed a crash when when no Decklink output device is selected when the output is started [cg2121]
- Fixed a crash when using custom RTMP authentication [R1CH]
- Fixed an issue where devices could lock up when using the browser source [Jim]
- Fixed a few minor memory leaks [jpark37]
- Fixed an issue where the program would not let you know that the recording path was invalid [Lqlsoftware]
Software similar to OBS Studio 8
Streamlabs OBS 1.4.0
Top streaming platform for Twitch, YouTube, & Facebook. Grow with cloud-based Streamlabs Open Broadcast Software (OBS), alerts, overlays, bot, tipping, & merch.
A simple, powerful, and free open-source video editor for Linux with a focus on usability, flexibility, and style.
Sony Vegas Pro 18.0.284
All of the products in the Vegas software family make it easy to import and edit movies, images, and music so you can jump right in and start creating your next video or audio masterpiece.
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 sets new standards for digital filmmaking, offering a format-independent plug-and edit solution that provides the tightest integration with Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop.
More similar downloads
Popular apps in Media Streaming
- Current temperature columbus ohio
- Dokkan lr tier list 2020
- Mister car wash dallas highway
- Yoshi woolly world switch
- Community season 1 episode list
- Whirlpool 25 bottle wine fridge
- Past tense of file
- Round wall decor with shelves
- Georgia tech supplemental essays
- Valley view high school
However, I saw and heard everything. - You saw me. She asked. - Yes, dear, I saw you. I saw and heard how you sobbed over me, trying to close the fire.