Littlefoot : Mother, what's a long neck?
Littlefoot's Mother : Well, that's what we are, dear.
Littlefoot : Oh. Well, why can't I play with that three-horn? We were having fun.
Littlefoot's Mother : Well, we all keep to our own kinds. The three-horns, the spike-tails, the swimmers, the flyers we never do anything together.
Littlefoot : Why?
Littlefoot's Mother : Well - because we're different. It's always been that way.
Littlefoot : Well, why?
Littlefoot's Mother : [chuckles] Oh, don't worry so much. When we reach the Great Valley, there'll be many, many long necks for you to play with.
Littlefoot : [sighs] I wish we were there now.
Littlefoot's Mother : Well, it's a long way yet. Past the Great Rock that looks like a long leck, and pass the mountains that burn still a long way, but we'll get there.
The following is a list of quotes, relating to the Land Before Time character Ducky. These include quotes said by the character in the film and TV series' runs, and quotes said about the character in the real world.
Quotes by Ducky
Throughout the series
- Ducky:(When agreeing with something, or when stating something she believes to be true) Yep, yep, yep! (or Yes, yes, yes!)
- Ducky:(When disagreeing with something, or stating something she believes to be false) Nope, nope, nope! (or No, no, no!)
In The Land Before Time
- Ducky: Don't step on a crack, or you'll fall and break your back.
- Ducky (her stomach growls, she giggles): My stomach is talking.
Ducky: You should not eat talking trees. Nope, nope, nope.
Ducky:(Trying to coax Spike out of his egg) You should come out. You should. You are late. Yes, you are. Yep yep yep.
Ducky:(Examining Spike after he's hatched) You are a spiketail so we will call you Spike!
Ducky: Petrie, do not feel sad. It is alright. Many things do not fly. Rocks, trees, sticks, Spike
Ducky: Spike, do not stop! We must stay together!
In The Land Before Time II: The Great Valley Adventure
- Littlefoot:(Ducky falls into a pit screaming) Ducky!
- Cera:(Climbing over the edge) It's all right. I got her.
- Ducky:(Holding onto her tail) You mean I got you!(Giggles.)
Ducky:(To the egg) Oh hello, baby brother or sister.
Petrie:(Ducky hits one of the Sharpteeth) Good shot, Ducky!
- Ducky: Thank you, Petrie.
In The Land Before Time III: Time of the Great Giving
Ducky (to Petrie): What is "influence"?
Petrie: Me don't know.
- Ducky: Do not worry, Littlefoot. You are not an influence whatever that is.
Ducky:(Petrie falls into the water) Petrie, you are a flyer, not a swimmer.
In The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock
Ducky: Now Spike, do not be scared to walk home in the dark. The Lone Dinosaur will protect us. He will.
Spike:(grumbles in agreement)
Ducky: But, just in case, you go first.
- Cera: And I remember the day Dinah said her first words or was it Dana? "Shiny peepeye no-no."Whatever that means.
- Ducky: It is simple. That means "the bright circle is shining in my eyes and it hurts."
- Cera: How'd you know that?
- Ducky: I am also a twin. Thirteen of us hatched at the same time. Thirteen twins!
- Cera: Well, then what does "No-no Grampy three-dee grr" mean?
- Ducky: That means "Never make Grandpa Three-Horn mad."
- Cera: Are you sure about that one?
- Ducky: No. But it is good advice just the same.
:Ducky:(Crawling along the log lodged at the top of the ditch) I do not like this. Oh no, no, no
- Petrie: No problem. You a swimmer right?
- Ducky: Mm-hmm.
- Petrie: If you fall, there's skinny little river way down there you might land in. Maybe. (Ducky looks down and calculates the possibility)
- Ducky:(sarcastically) Oh thank you, Petrie! I feel SO much better now.
In The Land Before Time VII: The Stone of Cold Fire
- Petrie: How come you not play?
- Littlefoot: (sighing) I'm still upset about this morning, except for grandma and grandpa - nobody believes me.
- Ducky: We believe you - right Spike? (Spike nods)
- Ducky: Only er - Littlefoot, well, I can see the stone in the fire and the stone is cold. But - how can a stone which is cold be on fire? I do not understand - no, no, no.
:Ducky (most of the dinosaurs in the Great Valley are sleeping): Oh Spike, I cannot sleep. (Spike asks something to Ducky) No, I am not hungry. I am worried about Petrie. Friends should not make friends feel so bad, no, no, no. I am going to find Petrie! I am going to make things all better!
:Ducky: Help! Let me down!
- Littlefoot (Waking up and gasping): Ducky!
- Ducky: I am not a flier! (screams)
:Rinkus: Look, no-one's coming after us. Maybe we could leave her here and be on our way - yes?
- Ducky: Oh I would not do that if I were you, no, no, no.
- Rhinkus: Leave you behind?
- Ducky: No, stand on the edge. (Rinkus on the edge of a rock crevice falls when the edge crumbles) Told him.
:Littlefoot: Well, at least we're all here. I mean - except for, Ducky. (Spike groans)
- Cera: Oh, poor Ducky.
- Petrie: Oh, poor Ducky.
- Ducky: Oh, poor me.
In The Land Before Time X: The Great Longneck Migration
- Ducky: I just have one question: do we have to go through the swamp again?
- Ducky: That is the last time I trust Petrie to pick out a boulder to sleep on.
- Petrie: Hey, it was dark, okay?
Quotes about Ducky
- "An adorably gregarious young Anatosaurus who immediately wins the audience's heart." - Wendy Miller, Mohave Daily Miner, reviewingThe Land Before Time.
- "My favorite character is little Ducky (Judith Barsi) whose effusive philosophy on life is summed up in her constant and charming yapping, "Yep, yep, yep." - Steve Rhodes, Rotten Tomatoes and The Internet Movie Database, reviewing The Land Before Time.
- "It gets especially irritating if you've sat through more than one film in the series again (I'll scream if I hear that little brat say, "No, no, no" one more time)." - Brian Webster, Apollo Movie Guide, reviewingThe Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock.
- ↑Wendy Miller's review of The Land Before Time, on the Mohave Daily Miner. November 29th,  Retrieved on October 8th,
- ↑Steve Rhode's review on The Land Before Timewww.imdb.com - review Retrieved on April 19th,
- ↑Brian Webster's review of The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rockwww.apolloguide.com Retrieved on April 26th,
- 11 16 master cylinder harley
- Aliens blu ray special edition
- Zero gauge wire near me
- Matt rogers books in order
Mother, what's a long neck?
Well, that's what we are, dear.
Oh. Well, why can't I play with that three-horn? We were having fun.
Well, we all keep to our own kinds. The three-horns, the spike-tails, the swimmers, the flyers we never do anything together.
Well - because we're different. It's always been that way.
[chuckles] Oh, don't worry so much. When we reach the Great Valley, there'll be many, many long necks for you to play with.
[sighs] I wish we were there now.
Well, it's a long way yet. Past the Great Rock that looks like a long leck, and pass the mountains that burn still a long way, but we'll get there.
The Land Before Time
The Land Before Time is a Americananimatedadventure film directed and co-produced by Don Bluth (through his Sullivan Bluth Studios), and executive-produced by Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Kathleen Kennedy, and Frank Marshall.
Originally released by Universal Studios and Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment, it features anthropomorphicdinosaurs living in a fantasy version of prehistoric Earth.
It is the dawn of time. The time of the dinosaur. Lost and alone, Littlefoot and his friends are about to embark on the journey of a lifetime.
- [exasperated] My name is not Flathead. My name is [enunciating] LIT-TLE-FOOT!
- Oh, you can't quit now. What if the Great Valley's just over the top of these rocks?
- [to Cera, angry in serious tears] Go on! Go the wrong way! We never wanted you with us, anyway!
- We did it! We did it together!
- [to Petrie] But you are flyer, not a faller.
- Come on, Cera, The Sharptooth is dead. He fell down into the big underground.
- [repeated line] Hee!
- My father told me that flatheads had very small brains.
- I found it! Hee!
- You again? Go away! That's my hopper!
- Threehorns should never play with longnecks!
- [laughing her head off, then to Littlefoot, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike] You 4 look so ridiculous!
- I can get my OWN green food! [attempts to hit a tree, but no treestars come down, so Littlefoot helpfully drops some for her, and then, thinking that her own idea works, Cera eats the treestars] You see, I can take care of myself; all by myself. I'm not afraid to be alone, I know my way to go, AND I'm not afraid of the Sharptooth and I hope that he doesn't eat any of you!
- [repeated line] Yep, yep, yep!
- Don't step on a crack, or you'll fall and break your back. [laughs, stomach growls] My stomach is talking.
- Petrie, don't feel sad. It's alright. Many things can't fly, like rocks, trees, sticks, Spike
- Spike, don't stop! We must stay together!
- You are a spiketail so, we will call you Spike!
- [trying to coax Spike out of his egg] You should come out. You should 'cuz you are late. Yes, you are. Yep, yep, yep!
- [amazed at the treestar Littlefoot received from his mother] Ooh. Mother present. Very important. [rolling up the treestar and holding it like a rifle] I stay here, keep safe. No let nobodies touch! [begins marching back and forth on Littlefoot's head]
- [to Littlefoot] You've got a nice flat head, Flathead.
- [trying to smell for green food] I smell, I smell, I sme-e-e-ell hmm Ducky.
- [inside the tar pit] Cera, I fell off! Oh, Cera! Ducky! Spike! HEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!
- [as Littlefoot, Ducky and Spike save him from the tar pit] Flathead! Ducky! Spike! Oh, Petrie so happy!
- Once, upon this same Earth, beneath this same sun, long before you, before the ape and the elephant, as well, before the wolf, the bison, the whale, before the mammoth and the mastodon was the time of the dinosaurs. Now, the dinosaurs were of 2 kinds: some had flat teeth and ate the leaves of trees, and some had sharp teeth for eating meat, and they preyed upon the leaf-eaters. Then, it happened that the leaves began to die. The mighty beasts who appeared to rule earth were ruled, in truth, by the leaf. Desperate for food, some dinosaur herds stuck out toward the west, searching for their Great Valley--a land still lush and green. It was a journey toward life. It was a march of many dangers. Sharpteeth stalked the herds, waiting to seize any who strayed. The leaf-eaters stopped only to hatch their young.
- Some of the young seemed born without fear. Yet even hatching could be dangerous.
- One herd had only a single baby: their last hope for the future. And they called him Littlefoot. All that remained of his herd was his mother, his grandmother, and his grandfather. He knew them by sight, by scent, and by their love. He knew they would be together, always.
- At first, Littlefoot could only think about his mother. He hardly noticed his hunger and forgot about the Great Valley and that he must somehow reach it.
- Then, Littlefoot knew for certain that he was alone, and that though the Great Valley was far away, and the journey there was perilous, he would have to find his way, or the chain of life would be broken.
- So, the 5 hungry dinosaurs set off for the Great Valley. There had never been such a herd before: a Longneck, a Threehorn, a Swimmer, a Flyer, and a Spiketail, all together, all knowing that if they lost their way, they would starve--or find themselves in the Sharptooth's shadow.
- Littlefoot had been wrong about the Sharptooth, but the others followed. Their only hope was to reach the Great Valley, and Littlefoot alone knew the way.
- Though they were sore-stumped and tired, Littlefoot urged them on. He'd never seen the Great Valley, but his heart told him they were close. Surely, at the top, they'd behold it finally
- Cera was still too proud to admit that she'd gone the wrong way.
- The Great Valley was all they dreamed it would be--a land of green, of leaves, and life. There were waterfalls, grassy meadows, enough tree-stars to feast on forever, and, grazing upon them, their families. And Littlefoot found his grandmother and grandfather at last. They were the same loving faces he looked into on the day of his birth.
- Ducky:[giggles; as a newborn] Mama.
- Ducky's Mother: Hmm.
- Littlefoot: When will we get there?
- Littlefoot's Mother: The bright circle will pass over us many times, and we must follow it each day until it touches the ground.
- Littlefoot: Have you ever seen the Great Valley?
- Littlefoot's Mother: No.
- Littlefoot: Well then, how do you know it's really there?
- Littlefoot's Mother: Some things you see with your eyes, others you see with your heart.
- Littlefoot: I don't understand, Mother.
- Littlefoot's Mother: You will, my son. You will.
- Topsy: Come, Cera! Threehorns never play with longnecks!
- [Cera blows raspberries at Littlefoot. Then, her father scowls and growls at Littlefoot in the spite that his comment is that threehorns must not play with longnecks; meaning that threehorns and longnecks do not mix.]
- Cera: [parrots her father's words] Threehorns never play with longnecks!
- Littlefoot: [he gasps for rumble the Sharptooth appears]
- Cera: Sharptooth!
- Cera: Help!
- Littlefoot: Mother! Help!
- Cera:DADDY!!!![runs off a bit, but a cliff is cut in half]AAAH!!!! AAAH!!!!
- Narrator: In this time of the clashing of continents, a great earthquake split the land. Herds were divided. Families were cut in 2. Littlefoot was separated from his grandparents.
- [The earthquake comes to complete stop, and a little of the top breaks off].
- Topsy:[calling out to his daughter] Cera!
- Cera: Mama! Daddy!
- Narrator: Cera was on one side of the divide; her parents were on the other.
- [Night falls and rain starts falling.]
- Littlefoot:[looking for his mother] Mother! [no answer; he calls out again] Mother! [still no answer; he jumps over a small gap] Mother, where are you?
- Littlefoot's Mother: Oh.
- Littlefoot:[sees his mother who is injured from the fight] Mother! Mother?
- Littlefoot's Mother: Oh.
- Littlefoot: Please get up.
- Littlefoot's Mother:[weakly] I'm! I am not sure if I can, Littlefoot.
- Littlefoot: Yes, you can. Get up.
- [She tries to get up as her son asks. But a few seconds later, she falls back down due to her injuries.]
- Littlefoot's Mother: [asks Littlefoot if he remembered the way to the Great Valley] Dear, sweet Littlefoot? Do you remember? the way to the Great Valley?
- Littlefoot:[sniffs; cries] I guess so. But how do I know if you are going to be with me?
- Littlefoot's Mother:[mentions about her spirit when she is with Littlefoot just as camera slowly zooms out; then she smiles] I'll be with you. Even if you can't see me.
- Littlefoot: [confused; cries] What do you mean I can't see you? I can always see you.
- [Before her death, Littlefoot's mother reminds Littlefoot about how to reach the Great Valley, then dies shortly. At and by that, his mother uses the last of her permanently remaining strength of telling Littlefoot about the Great Valley, then she dies.]
- Littlefoot's Mother:[with her last spoken words] Littlefoot, let your heart guide you. [uses the last of her strength] It whispers, so listen closely. [dies shortly]
- Littlefoot:[voice breaks into serious tears as his mother dies] Mother? Mother?
- Rooter: Hey! What's going on here? [hears Littlefoot crying] What's your problem? You're not hurt. [he wants to know why Littlefoot is crying]
- Littlefoot:[tearfully; in serious anger]IT'S NOT FAIR! SHE SHOULD HAVE KNEW BETTER! THAT WAS SHARPTOOTH! IT IS ALL HER FAULT!
- Rooter: (All her fault?) All whose fault?
- Littlefoot: [tearfully answers Rooter's question] Mother's!
- Rooter:[but soon understands why Littlefoot is crying] Oh. I see. I see.
- Littlefoot: Why did I wander so far from home?
- Rooter: Oh, it's not your fault. It's not your mother's fault, either. Now, you pay attention to ol' Rooter. It is nobody's fault. The Great Circle of Life has begun. But you see, not all of us arrive together at the end.
- Littlefoot: What'll I do? I am going to miss her so much.
- Rooter:[tells Littlefoot that his mother is always going to be with him even though Littlefoot is going to miss her] And you might always miss her. But she'll always be with you, as long as you remember the things she taught you. In a way, you'll never be apart, for you are still part of each other.
- Littlefoot: My tummy hurts.
- Rooter: Well, that, too, should go in time, little fella. Only in time. [departs]
- Ducky: You should not eat talking trees. Nope, nope, nope!
- Petrie: Blrblrblrb! Whoa! Waaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooh!
- Littlefoot:[sees Petrie on his face and lets out a startling scream] Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
- [Littlefoot screams, accidentally letting go of the branch, sending a screaming Petrie through the air. Ducky goes over to check on him.]
- Ducky: Who are you, huh?
- Petrie: My--My name Petrie.
- Ducky: Petrie, huh? Funny name.
- Cera:[shouting at Littlefoot after reaching a top of a cliff, where he thought the Great Valley might be; then she tells Littlefoot that he must be crazy]THIS IS YOUR GREAT VALLEY?!?! YOU'RE CRAZY!!!!
- [Cera, finally having enough of the world, she decides to go her own way.]
- Cera:I'M LEAVING!
- Littlefoot: Cera, we have to keep following the bright circle!
- Cera: I'm taking the easy way for once!
- Littlefoot: But it's the WRONG WAY!
- Cera: Who says?
- Littlefoot: My mother!
- Cera: Then, she was just a stupid longneck, too!
- [Littlefoot gasps. He gasps because Cera would ever say something like that about his mother.]
- Littlefoot:[enraged; and to Cera after she insulted his mother]TAKE THAT BACK!
- Littlefoot:TAKE IT BACK!!!!
- Littlefoot: [about the Sharptooth; as he and his friends are in the lake] Let's get rid of him once and for all.
- Ducky: What will we do?
- Littlefoot: Look, we'll coax him to the deep end of the pond. He can't swim with those scrawny arms. Me and Spike will go up and push that big rock on top of his head, and then he'll fall off into the water!
- Littlefoot's Mother: [to Littlefoot, in cloud form and ghost appearance] Littlefoot!
- Littlefoot: Mother!
- Littlefoot's Mother: [as a cloud and ghost] Littlefoot?
- Littlefoot: I have tried to do what you told me. But it is just too heard. Great. Now, I am never going to find the Great Valley.
- [The cloud which has been his mother's ghost appearance begins to fall apart.]
- Littlefoot: Mother? Mother? [tries to run after the cloud as it's falling apart] DON'T GO, MOTHER!!!! DON'T GO!!!!
- [last lines; before the end of the film]
- Cera: [calls to Littlefoot] Littlefoot! Come on, I'll race ya!
- Narrator: And they all grew up together in the valley.
- [The children Littlefoot, Cera, Petrie, Ducky, and Spike arrive to the top of a hill, then come together in a big group hug.]
- Narrator: [last lines] Generation upon generation, each passing on to the next, the tale of their ancestors' journey to the Valley, long ago.
About The Land Before Time
- On the Land Before Time, George (Lucas) and Steven (Spielberg) were more concerned about causing nightmares for children than getting a G rating.
Time quotes before land
“The Land Before Time” quotes
Title The Land Before Time
Director Don Bluth
Genre Drama, Adventure, Family, Fantasy, Animation
Plot – A group of herbivorous dinosaurs - those of the 'Longneck' type - is on its way to the "Great Valley". Littlefoot, the youngest among them, remains alone and loses contact with the rest of the group, joining four other puppies to reach the "Great Valley" together.
All actors – Judith Barsi, Pat Hingle, Gabriel Damon, Helen Shaver, Bill Erwin, Burke Byrnes, Candace Hutson, Will Ryan, Diana Rossshow all
The Land Before Time Quotes
Littlefoot:Mother, whats a long neck?
Littlefoot's Mother:Well, thats what we are, Dear.
Littlefoot:Why cant I play with that three-horn? We were having fun.
Littlefoot's Mother:Well, we all stick to our own kinds. The three-horns, the spike-tails, the swimmers, the flyers we never do anything together.
Littlefoot's Mother:Because were different. Its always been that way.
Littlefoot's Mother:Oh, dont worry so much. When we reach the Great Valley, therell be many many long necks for you to play with.
Littlefoot:[sighs] I wish we were there now.
Littlefoot's Mother:Well, its a long way yet. Past the Great Rock that Looks Like a Long Neck, and pass the Mountains that Burn still a long way, but well get there.
Littlefoot:Have you ever seen the Great Valley?
Littlefoot:Well, how do you know its really there?
Littlefoot's Mother:Some things you see with your eyes, others you see with your heart.
Littlefoot: I dont understand, Mother.
Littlefoot's Mother:You will, my son. You will.
Narrator:The Great Valley was all theyd dreamed it would be: a land of green, and leaves, and life. Littlefoot found his grandmother and grandfather at last. The same loving faces he looked into on the day of his birth. And they all grew up together in the valley, generation upon generation, each passing on to the next. The tale of their ancestors journey to the valley long ago.
Narrator:One herd had only a single baby, their last hope for the future. And they called him Littlefoot. .All that remained of his herd was his mother, grandmother and his grandfather. He knew them by sight, by scent, and by their love. He knew they would be together, always.
Petrie:I smell *sniff* I smell *sniff* Hm Ducky.
Ducky:Flap your wings, Petrie! Higher! Higher, like a flyer!
Petrie:You leave without Petrie?
Littlefoot:Mother? Please get up.
Littlefoot's Mother:Im not sure I can, Littlefoot.
Littlefoot:Yes you can. Get up!
Littlefoot:We did it! We did it together!
Petrie:Th th th th there! Ahead!
Petrie:Ooh Mother present, very importent. Wont let nobody touch!
Cera:Thats my hopper!
Littlefoot:Well I saw him first.
Cera:Well, hes in my pond.
Littlefoot's Mother:Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart.
Littlefoot's Mother:Now, you be careful, my Littlefoot.
Littlefoot's Mother:Beautiful Littlefoot.
Rooter:Whats your problem? Youre not hurt.
Littlefoot:Its not fair! She should have known better! That was Sharptooth. Its all her fault.
Rooter:All whose fault?
Rooter:Ohh I see. I see.
Ducky:You should not eat talking trees, nope nope nope.
Littlefoot:I smell *sniff* I smell *sniff* Hmm Ducky.
Daddy Topps:Come, Cera. Three-horns never play with Longnecks!
Rooter:The great circle of life has begun.
Littlefoot:Oh, you cant quit now! What if the Great Valleys just over the top of these rocks?
Littlefoot's Mother:Dear sweet Littlefootdo you remember the way to the Great Valley?
Littlefoot's Mother:Dear sweet Littlefoot do you remember the way to the Great Valley?
Littlefoot:I guess so But why do I have to know if youre going to be with me?
Littlefoot:I guess so but why do I have to know if youre going to be with me?
Littlefoot's Mother:Ill be with you. Even if you cant see me.
Littlefoot:What do you mean I cant see you? I can always see you.
Littlefoot's Mother:Littlefootlet your heart guide you. It whispersso listen closely
Littlefoot's Mother:Littlefoot, let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.
A quote can be a single line from one character or a memorable dialog between several characters. Please make your quotes accurate. Quotes will be submitted for approval by the RT staff.
- Alright. I'll give it a try
- No. Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.
Find More Movie Quotes
You will also be interested:
- Taylormade m2 fairway wood specs
- November blank calendar 2017
- Nightmare before christmas dog tattoo
- 2010 acura mdx transmission problems
- Planned parenthood mission viejo
- The dao of dragon ball
- Peterbilt 389 blower motor location
- Nyc comic con 2015 panels
- Way back into love dramacool
- Dirt bike helmet drawing easy
- Quiste ganglionar pie remedios caseros
- Happy birthday niece moving images
He wondered - why. Irina explained her idea. Igor came up with the cow. And Irina wanted Igor to have a cow.