Oxygen sensors play a vital role in both engine management and emissions control. When an O2 (oxygen) sensor go bad, it’ll cause your Hyundai Elantra‘s engine to run less efficiently.
Your Elantra can exhibit symptoms when the Oxygen sensor has gone bad. Or, it may exhibit none at all. Often enough, the only sign of the problem at all is the service engine soon light being on.
The good news is, if you end up discovering that the oxygen sensor is bad, they really aren’t that expensive to replace.
Bad Oxygen Sensor Symptoms: Hyundai Elantra
Oxygen sensors can change the way that your Elantra’s engine runs. Most of the time, the check engine light will come on. It’s a good thing that the check engine light would come on, as there is more than one oxygen sensor, and they can be difficult to get to and test.
The trouble codes associated with the OBDII scan will reveal which sensor is at fault and why it is bad (at least what the computer thinks is wrong). It is very rare for there to be a problem with an oxygen sensor, and not have the check engine light come on.
Here are the most common symptoms of a bad oxygen sensor in your Elantra:
Service Engine Soon Light
More often than not, when an oxygen sensor in your Elantra goes bad, it will throw a diagnostic trouble code. There are many oxygen sensor related codes.
These codes correspond with what side of the engine they are on (known as the “bank” for cylinder bank) and how far down stream they are. For instance, an oxygen sensor at bank 1 – sensor 1 would be:
- Bank 1- Side of the engine with the first cylinder in the firing order. This means that you need to look up the firing order for your particular model year and engine.
- Sensor 1- Sensor 1 would be the first O2 sensor in the line of sensors starting with the exhaust manifold and making its way back to the exhaust pipe. An Oxygen sensor that is between the catalytic converter and the engine is known as an “upstream” sensor. Oxygen sensors after the catalytic converter are “downstream sensors”. As a rule, the upstream sensor is more important for engine timing and air/fuel ratios.
By using a OBDII scanner you can determine exactly which sensor is bad, and what is wrong with it.
Loss In Fuel Economy
Your Elantra’s oxygen sensors are responsible for helping to keep your engine running at optimal efficiency. The engine management computer uses the data from all of the O2 sensors to keep the air/fuel mixture optimized. A bad oxygen sensor can affect the mixture greatly.
Without being able to optimize the air fuel ratio, combustion isn’t as efficient, and fuel mileage suffers. There could also potentially be raw fuel that enters the exhaust. This fuel can hurt the catalytic converter.
Bad Smelling Exhaust
One of the most common symptoms that an oxygen sensor has gone bad is exhaust that does not smell good. The smell is often described as “rotten eggs” or sulfuric. Either way, like with rotten food, “the nose knows”.
Engine Running Rough
Without the proper air/fuel mixture, your engine won’t run as smoothly as it should. This is especially true if the mixture ends up too lean.
While a rough running engine can be a sign of a bad oxygen sensor, it is often a sign of a misfire as well.
Often enough, there won’t be any noticeable signs of a bad oxygen sensor. You’ll go to get an emissions check done, and your Elantra fails the test. Without a check engine light, it can be tough to lock down exactly what would cause the vehicle to fail, but oxygen sensors are one of the more common causes.
Elantra Bad O2 Sensor Symptoms & Causes: Conclusion
There may or may not be any noticeable symptoms when your Hyundai Elantra’s oxygen sensor(s) go bad. It is smart to use a scan tool to determine whether or not there is an OBDII trouble code associated with any of the sensors. Good luck diagnosing your Elantra!
2Pcs Upstream Downstream O2 Oxygen Sensor For 2001-2006 Hyundai Elantra 2.0L
2Pcs Upstream & Downstream O2 Oxygen Sensor For 2001-2006 Hyundai Elantra 2.0L
Specification: Product Name: Oxygen Sensor (Not Air Fuel Ratio Sensor) Color: As the picture shown Material: Metal Location: Upstream & Downstream; Sensor 1 & 2 Cross Reference Part Number: 234-4851, 234-4852 Interchange Part Number: 234-4851, 234-4852
Fitments (For the reference): Year Make Model Trim Engine Note 2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS - 2.0L 2001 Hyundai Elantra GT - 2.0L 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS - 2.0L 2002 Hyundai Elantra GT - 2.0L 2003 Hyundai Elantra GLS - 2.0L Auto Trans; Exc. Calif./Manual Trans 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT - 2.0L Auto Trans; Exc. Calif./Manual Trans 2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS - 2.0L ULEV 2004 Hyundai Elantra GT - 2.0L ULEV 2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS - 2.0L ULEV 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT - 2.0L ULEV 2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS - 2.0L ULEV 2006 Hyundai Elantra GT - 2.0L ULEV 2006 Hyundai Elantra Limited - 2.0L ULEV 2003 Hyundai Tiburon Base - 2.0L 2004 Hyundai Tiburon Base - 2.0L 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GS - 2.0L 2006 Hyundai Tiburon GS - 2.0L 2005 Hyundai Tucson GL - 2.0L 2006 Hyundai Tucson GL - 2.0L 2007 Hyundai Tucson GLS - 2.0L 2008 Hyundai Tucson GL - 2.0L 2008 Hyundai Tucson GLS - 2.0L 2008 Hyundai Tucson L - 2.0L 2008 Hyundai Tucson Limited - 2.0L 2009 Hyundai Tucson 25th Anniversary Edition - 2.0L 2009 Hyundai Tucson GL - 2.0L 2009 Hyundai Tucson GLS - 2.0L 2009 Hyundai Tucson L - 2.0L 2009 Hyundai Tucson Limited - 2.0L 2005 Kia Sportage LX - 2.0L 2006 Kia Sportage LX - 2.0L 2007 Kia Sportage LX - 2.0L 2008 Kia Sportage LX - 2.0L 2008 Kia Sportage LX Convenience - 2.0L 2009 Kia Sportage LX - 2.0L 2010 Kia Sportage LX - 2.0L
Note: 1.We provide clear pictures, measurements where possible. Please check as much as possible to make sure the item is the one that you need. 2.Please allow 0.5-1 inch difference due to manual measurement.(1inch=2.54cm) 3.There are no instructions included in this kit.Professional Installation Is Highly Recommended 4.Please Compare The Oxygen Sensor With Your Original One Before Purchasing
Package Include: 2pcs Oxygen Sensor as pictured
Product type: Sensors
Found an error?Sours: https://www.joom.com/en/products/1511950807515570475-164-1-26193-2377522363
- Used library ladder for sale
- Car rentals in dundalk md
- Saints row 3 save game
- Save the dark brotherhood
How many o2 sensors does a 2008 Hyundai Elantra have?
Click to see full answer
Likewise, people ask, how many o2 sensors does a Hyundai Elantra have?
A vehicle may have two to five oxygen sensors, and sometimes even more.
Also, how many o2 sensors does a Hyundai Santa Fe have? four oxygen sensors
Keeping this in consideration, how do you change the oxygen sensor on a Hyundai Elantra?
How to Replace the Oxygen Sensor in a Hyundai Elantra
- Start the Hyundai Elantra for five minutes or so to warm up the exhaust.
- Crawl under the Elantra with the tools and replacement sensor(s).
- Apply a generous amount of penetrating oil to the area where the threads of the sensor connect to the pipe or manifold.
How many o2 sensors does a 2009 Hyundai Sonata have?
Search from over 10 Million Auto Parts
- Delivering reliable auto parts service since 2008
- Ordered the wrong part? Enjoy peace of mind with easy returns
- Get the parts and accessories you need when you need them
- Huge selection of OEM, stock replacement or aftermarket accessories
- We have the all the parts you need at the most competitive prices
- Direct fit for easy installation.
- OE Style connectors and wire lengths.
- Base ceramic probe of Zirconium and Yttrium.
- Patented Platinum Power Grid.
- Fine particle filter. From overall sensor design to the critical ceramic element, Bosch is known worldwide for quality and performance.
|2003 Hyundai Elantra|
|2004 Hyundai Elantra|
|2005 Hyundai Elantra|
|2006 Hyundai Elantra|
|2007 Hyundai Elantra|
|2008 Hyundai Elantra|
|Vehicle||Sub Model||Production Range|
|2009 Hyundai Elantra||L||To:04-03-09|
|2009 Hyundai Elantra||GLS||To:04-03-09|
|2009 Hyundai Elantra||SE||To:04-03-09|
|2009 Hyundai Elantra||Limited||To:04-03-09|
|2009 Hyundai Elantra||GL||To:04-03-09|
More Oxygen Sensor Brands for 2003-2009 Hyundai Elantra
Call To Order: 1-800-541-9352
Mon-Fri 8am-10pm EST | Sat-Sun 8am-8pm EST
2008 elantra o2 hyundai sensor
We're offline for a tune-up, we'll be up and running smoothly very soon.
In the meantime, here are some other options available:
Advance Auto Parts store
We appreciate your patience – on your next visit, use coupon code PS20 for 20% off your purchase.
We look forward to serving you,
The Advance Team
How did you insert it. Tell me. - Bring a romka (as we call your wife's favorite faloimmitator), I'd better show you.
- 2015 honda foreman 500 parts
- Crate and barrel modern prairie
- Zapatos para niños en target
- Samsung washing machine song download
- Book of secrets wow shadowlands
- Custom paint by number reddit
- Planes de internet de spectrum
- The licking county historic jail
- Milwaukee rotary hammer drill 18v
- Bully for sale craigslist
- 2011 jeep compass throttle body
- Used exercise equipment cedar rapids
He's just super. This is a man !!. I answered her with kisses and hugs. I was also overwhelmed with feelings, but they were caused not by the super-ness of my betrothed, but by the fact that our plan with Alex. Went with a bang, without a hitch.