Cast of Heartland Season 12
Heartland is one of the few shows out there that has a unique ensemble cast of talented actors who manage to provide a good quality series for more than a decade. After 14 long seasons, the Heartland cast still stays strong for the most part. All 14 seasons of the show present this gifted cast in challenging real-life situations that anyone of us can relate and Heartland Season 12 is no exception to that rule.
Heartland Season 12 is the one that the showrunners decided to reduce the number of episodes at a season, which was originally 18, to Even though the decision worried us, fans, initially since we thought the more the better when it comes to Heartland. Yet, the showrunners pleased us since each episode was even more qualified and satisfying in terms of its content and success in delivering a story.
In this article, we present you a list of Heartland Season 12 cast and what they have gone through throughout the season. If you are looking for a throwback on your favorite long-lasting show, just keep on reading!
Amber Marshall as Amy Fleming in Heartland Season
Amber Marshall as Amy Fleming
Heartland’s beloved protagonist Amy Fleming, portrayed by Amber Marshall, is once again giving the lesson on how to make a good TV show in Heartland Season
In this season, Amy’s main challenge is to become a parent. Having a baby daughter, Lyndy, she and her husband, Ty, try to transform their lives as proper parents while looking for a way to make some spare time for themselves as a couple.
For instance, they plan to go to Pike River for a romantic trip. And yet, things do not go as they planned since Jack decides to tag along with them as well.
Other than her family life, her love for horses occupies almost all of Amy’s time in Heartland Season The well-being of the horses remains the main concern for her.
Especially when they discovered that the new owners of Pike River were about to slaughter the wild horses, Amy and Ty roll up their sleeves and re-home the wild horses in Heartland, marking one of the most memorable scenes of Heartland Season
Michelle Morgan as Lou Fleming
Michelle Morgan as Lou Fleming
Lou, the older sister of Amy played by Michelle Morgen, has her challenges throughout Heartland Season She especially struggles with Mitch’s wedding decision. Mitch, whom Lou dated for quite a bit, decides to get married to his fiance, Maya. This troubles Lou, who still has feelings for Mitch.
Another struggle of Lou in Heartland Season 12 was Georgie and her upbringing. She often clashes with Peter when it comes to Georgie.
Shaun Johnston as Jack Bartlett
Shaun Johnston as Jack Bartlett
As the grandfather of Lou and Amy, Jack, played by Shaun Johnston, always has a special place in our hearts. Heartland Season 12 might be one of the most challenging seasons for Jack, as his struggle is focused on the loss of a loved one.
Jack’s old friend Will Vernon dies, which causes Jack to mourn and isolate himself. The wild horses that were rescued by Amy and Ty were belonging to Vernon and got into danger after his passing.
Jack also has a challenging year in terms of his relationship with Tim as the two had to share a house. They are forced to tolerate each other’s “unbearable” characteristics, which is something they are not very successful at.
Finally, he reconnects with Lisa after a long separation period.
Graham Wardle as Ty Borden
Graham Wardle as Ty Borden
On the finale of Season 13, Ty had a sudden death as Graham Wardle decided to leave Heartland. The scene broke our hearts while forcing Amy to have a year of mourning in Season Knowing what will happen to him in a couple of years, watching Ty’s parts in retrospect is quite painful.
Still, Heartland Season 12 is a good year for Ty, which makes it worth remembering. Along with Amy, he gets into business and yet struggles to put parenting at balance while working.
He is also quite effective in assisting Jack with the works at Heartland as well as providing help to the wild horses.
Alisha Newton as Georgie Fleming-Morris
Alisha Newton as Georgie Fleming-Morris
Being one of the young members of the Heartland cast, Alisha Newton does a great job in portraying Georgie Fleming-Morris, the daughter of Lou and Peter. Heartland Season 12 is one of the most important years for the character as she takes major steps in her life and career.
First, she got asked to interview for an equestrian magazine. Then she rolls up her sleeves to prove to a coach that she and Phoenix are a great team. She also receives offers that might change her life in this season while putting all of her efforts into her career with horses.
Chris Potter as Tim Fleming
Chris Potter as Tim Fleming
Tim, played by Chris Potter, continues to be the typical old Tim throughout Heartland Season Meaning that he is charming, and yet also annoying at times. His main struggles revolve around his tensions with Jack as a housemate. Other than that, he has some relationship problems, which are not major game-changers.
Also Read: New Season Of Heartland – How Many Seasons Does Heartland Have?
Heartland (Canadian TV series)
Canadian family drama television series
Heartland is a Canadian family comedy-dramatelevision series which debuted in Canada on CBC on October 14, , and in the US on The CW, Netflix and UPtv. Reruns also air on BYUtv and Retro TV. The series formerly aired reruns on Light TV until the network shut down on January 15, , and was replaced by TheGrio.tv, when it bought by Byron Allen's Allen Media Group from MGM and on The CW until the rights moved solely to UPtv on The series also airs in syndication on the American satellite channel Heartland.
The series is based on the Heartland book series by Lauren Brooke and follows Amy Fleming and her older sister Louise "Lou" Fleming on their family ranch in Alberta, known locally as 'Heartland', where they live with their widowed grandfather Jack Bartlett, their father Tim Fleming and hired farmhand Ty Borden. While experiencing the highs and lows of life at the ranch, the family bonds and grows closer over the years.
With the airing of its th episode on March 29, , Heartland surpassed Street Legal as the longest-running one-hour scripted drama in Canadian television history.
In May , the series was renewed for a fourteenth season.
On June 2, , CBC renewed the series for a fifteenth season with 10 episodes.
Cast and characters
- The protagonist of the series, Amy, practices natural horsemanship, the intuitive training and healing method used by her late mother, Marion, who died in a car accident when Amy was fifteen. Amy was seriously injured in the crash. Marion and Amy were living with Marion's father (Amy's grandfather), Jack on his ranch, Heartland. While Amy was recuperating from her injuries, her estranged father Tim returned. Jack had banished Tim years earlier due to Tim's alcohol and drug use. After returning home, Amy continues her mother's work of healing horses, while also adjusting to her father re-entering her life. Her older sister Lou, who has been working New York City, returns to Heartland after Marion's death. Jack begrudgingly accepts Tim, who tries to make amends for the past. Over time, Amy develops a close relationship with Ty Borden, a ranch hand working at Heartland as part of his probation. Their friendship gradually turns to love, though their relationship is rocky, causing them to break up and reconcile several times. In season 3, Ty gives Amy a promise ring. In the last episode of season 5, Ty plans to propose to Amy, but decides against it after overhearing her say she does not want to be tied down. They eventually marry and reside in the renovated loft at Jack's house. At the end of season 9, Amy reveals she is pregnant, though Ty has been away in Mongolia helping to save Gobi bears. At the end of Season 10, Amy gives birth to a girl, Lyndy Marion. In season 13, Amy and Ty become foster parents to a boy named Luke. Season 14 sees Amy dealing with Ty's unexpected death and coping with being a single mother.
- At the beginning of the series, Lou returns home to help run Heartland, leaving behind her long-term boyfriend and lucrative job in New York City. Upon discovering Heartland's poor financial situation, she utilizes her business acumen to craft a financial plan to make the ranch profitable. However, the bank requires her continued presence at the ranch to secure the loan. Lou takes over the business-end of Heartland, and later wants to create the Heartland Equestrian Connection as a corporate retreat center. Family members derisively consider her idea as being a "Dude Ranch". Lou rekindles a romance with local vet, Scott Cardinal. That relationship dissolves in season 2. She then meets Peter Morris, but their relationship is complicated by Peter's job in the oil industry. Lou had previously rallied the local ranchers against Peter's oil company. Lou and Peter marry at the end of season 3 and move to Dubai. Lou feels alone in such a foreign country and misses Heartland and her family. When they move back, Lou is pregnant. She gives birth to a girl named Catherine Marion Minnie Fleming-Morris (“Katie”). After several failed attempts to buy their own place, Lou and Peter buy Mr. Hanley's ranch. However, faulty wiring causes a fire that demolishes the buildings and forces them to remain at Heartland. In Season 6, Lou and Peter adopt an orphan girl named Georgina Crawley, whom Jack had been fostering. In season 8, Peter's frequent long work absences stresses their marriage, and the couple separate. Lou is then attracted to the new stable hand, Mitch. Peter regularly visits his daughters, which complicates Lou and Mitch's budding romance. In season 7, Lou buys Maggie's Diner, after Maggie moves to London, England. She runs it with Tim, her supposedly "silent" business partner. Lou works on bringing Maggie's to New York City and spends much time flying back and forth, with the family helping to care for Georgie and Katie.
- Jack, the family patriarch, was Marion's father and is Amy and Lou's grandfather. He is a former rodeo star and owns Heartland. When Marion took over Heartland, it became a horse ranch. After her death, Jack helps Amy and Ty maintain Heartland and its horses and also repairs broken equipment, fences, and the like. Early in the series, he is hostile towards and maintains a strained relationship with his ex-son-in-law Tim, stemming from Tim's troubled past with alcohol and prescription drug abuse, his acrimonious divorce from Marion, and neglecting Amy and Lou when they were younger. Jack barely tolerate Tim at times, and they have had numerous arguments over the running of the ranch. Jack was initially judgmental towards the new ranch hand, Ty, and warned him to always stay ten feet away from his granddaughters. Over time, Jack considers Ty like a son. When Ty seeks Jack's permission to marry Amy, Jack gives his blessing. Jack's stubbornness and reluctance to change sometimes causes friction between him and others, particularly with his romantic interest, Lisa Stillman, and granddaughter, Lou. Jack and Lisa elope in the season 7 finale. Jack suffers a heart attack and collapses in the field. Tim finds and saves him. Jack dotes on his three great-granddaughters, Katie, Georgie, and Lyndy.
- Georgie is Lou and Peter's adopted daughter, and Jack's adopted great-granddaughter. Georgie was orphaned at age 3 when her parents were killed by a drunk driver. After the foster care system separated her and her brother, Jeff, Georgie developed serious behavioral problems. When first arriving at Heartland, she was a misbehaving runaway, though her behavior gradually improves. Georgie often runs away from every foster home. Jack agrees to foster her until another foster family is arranged. Lou and Peter become her long-term foster parents and later adopt her. Georgie adores Katie, her little sister. She also loves Phoenix, an abused horse. Georgie, a natural equestrian and a tomboy, is fearless, talented, strong-minded, and clever. This initially makes Mallory, a young family friend, jealous. In Season 6, Georgie finds a stray Alsatian that she names Remi. Georgie grows close to the family but still occasionally misbehaves, even running away once. She has a rival named Olivia, with whom she later develops a grudging friendship. In the later seasons, Georgie and Olivia join the Extreme Team, a trick riding group. This replaces show jumping as Georgie's main extracurricular interest, becoming one of the best members. Georgie has difficulty balancing schoolwork, life on a ranch, and trick riding. She struggles in math, to the point that Lou hires a tutor. Her grades improve, and she develops romantic feelings for Adam Parker, her tutor. Although he reciprocates her feelings, Adam's father opposes their association, believing Georgie a bad influence. Eventually, Georgie and Adam date for a few months. They break up when Adam sees Georgie's messages with Clay McMurtry and thinks she has feelings for him. Georgie also develops a strong friendship with Jade Virani, though they were not friends after meeting in Season 7.
- Tim is Amy's and Lou's father who left the family after he and Marion separated (Lou was fourteen, and Amy was five). After a rodeo accident, he struggled with prescription drug (painkiller) abuse and alcoholism. As a result, Jack kicked Tim out, and he moved to Fort St. John. After Amy and Lou's mother dies, he returns, moving to Big River Ranch (making him "practically a neighbor" to Heartland). Tim buys Big River Ranch when its owner, Ray, dies and, he has a brief relationship with Ray's daughter, who inherited the ranch. He later dates a jockey named Janice and nearly moves to California with her. However, in Season 4 Episode 18 ("Burning Down the House"), it is discovered that Tim has an year-old son named Shane with Miranda Grenier, his ex-girlfriend from Fort St. John. When he reveals this to Janice, she leaves for California without him. Shane stays with Tim at Heartland for a while, and after a brief custody battle, Shane returns to live with his mother, and she later marries another man. Tim starts a rodeo school, a horse-selling business, and begins a new relationship. After he moves on, he has a long-term relationship with Casey. His star rodeo pupils are Jade Virani and Clay McMurtry, teenage bronc riders.
- Caleb is a ranch hand hired by Jack after Ty leaves for four months. In the beginning he is rather husky, has feelings for Amy, and develops a strong rivalry with Ty. He and Amy have a short-lived relatioship, but Amy soon goes back to Ty. He falls in love with Ashley Stanton, eventually marrying her. Caleb is a rodeo cowboy. Before marrying Ashley, Caleb is severely injured at a rodeo. After battling prescription drugs and alcohol, much like Tim's, he recovers but is much thinner. Caleb and Ashley have a difficult marriage, struggling with financial problems, pressure from Val Stanton (Ashley's mother), and differing life goals. Caleb and Ashley eloped, but after discovering that their officiator's license had expired, they have a wedding outside Caleb's trailer (where they had been living). They honeymoon in Italy and stay with one of Val's friends, but Caleb returns alone. Ashley eventually returns and decides to pursue postsecondary education in Vancouver. Caleb moves there to be with Ashley, but they drift apart as she makes new friends and spends more time away from Caleb. They eventually divorce, and Caleb returns to Hudson and resumes working at Heartland, while seasonally competing at the rodeo. After Ashley, Caleb pursues Lou's friend Nicole (who had moved from New York and works for Lou at the ranch). He has a relationship with Cassandra, who was a vet student working at Scott's clinic. Caleb and Cass have a pregnancy scare. They almost break up, but marry at the end of Season Ty and Amy were to attend, but Amy went into labour just as they arrived, and they had to rush home. Caleb and Cassandra discover they are expecting in Season 13 ('The Art of Trust'). Cassandra gives birth to their son, Carson, sometime between the Season 13 finale and the Season 14 premiere.
- Peter is Lou's ex-husband. He was first introduced as PW, the owner of a small oil company called Bedford Oil that is caught drilling on Heartland property. Lou organized a protest against PW's company. In the meantime, one of Lisa's horse friends gives out Lou's email without her permission. Lou (using her first name, Sam) and PW (using his first name, Peter) begin a relationship over an instant messaging service. After meeting, they are shocked to discover each other's identity. Their relationship is kept secret because both Jack and Tim hate PW for being part of "Big Oil." Peter eventually wins the family's approval and he and Lou are married in the Season 3 finale. Peter's business immediately takes them to Dubai. Lou returns home for a one-week visit that stretches on because she misses Heartland and her family. Peter commutes to and from Dubai because Lou is expecting their first child. Peter ends up bankrupt in Dubai, which cause the couple to move into Jack's house. Peter recovers financially, but is only home on weekends due to his new job's location in Vancouver. In Season 6, Lou and Peter adopt Georgie when Jack after not approved as her legal guardian. Lou and Peter separate because Peter is always away in Vancouver. Peter is discovered to have a girlfriend in Vancouver, which causes Lou to end the relationship. Peter continues visiting Heartland to see his daughters.
- A close Native Canadian friend of the Bartlett/Fleming household and also Heartland's vet. Scott had a troubled background, but Marion helped him to turn his life around, Scott and Lou have a relationship for part of seasons 1 and 2. He later regrets losing her and for not try harder to win her back. In season 2, Ty tells Amy that Scott has agreed to let Ty be his apprentice and that Scott will mentor him to possibly work with him after veterinary school. Ty eventually attends veterinary school at the University of Calgary, and works part-time at Scott's clinic in later seasons. He is also joined by Cassandra, another U of C vet student who is a year or two ahead of Ty. Scott later offers Ty to be his partner in the clinic.
- Lisa is the charismatic owner of Fairfield Stables, and a well-known horse breeder. She is introduced when she comes to Amy for help with a horse in the first few episodes of the series. Jack and Lisa seem to have chemistry in that episode, and begin a romantic relationship a few episodes later. Lisa is often in the south of France seasonally for work, and her jet-setting lifestyle becomes a difficulty in her relationship with Jack. They remain together for several seasons until they break up in season 6, after he visits her France, but does not enjoy himself, feeling out of place in the fancy places they visit. After a lengthy break, Lisa returns to Heartland and reunites with Jack. At the end of season 7, they elope but decide to continue living separately at the time, as they were more comfortable this way. In Season 11, it is revealed Lisa's business is floundering. She struggles to keep Fairfield running and all her staff employed, a fact she initially hides from Jack. She eventually admits her problems, and asks to move in with him at Heartland, to which he readily agrees. Lisa is also the godmother to Lou and Peter's daughter, Katie. Apocryphally, she is Georgie's godmother as well, a detail revealed only in Lou's 'Mom's the Word' blog, but has not been explicitly mentioned in-series.
- Ziya Matheson as Katie Fleming Morris
- Catherine "Katie" Marion Minnie Fleming Morris is Lou and Peter's only biological daughter, born in episode 67, "Passages." As an infant, the family took a large amount of time getting her to sleep through the night, and an episode featured this difficulty. Mallory is often brought in to babysit, since she's often at Heartland anyway, and interested in earning extra cash. In Season 7, Katie often cries at night for Lou, who is in the Atlantic provinces on a tour for her book, "Mom's the Word." Katie also starts bed-wetting, presumably for the same reason. As a result, Peter and Katie eventually join Lou on her book tour. Later in the series, Lou worries that Katie is not progressing as she should, taking her to see a pediatrician to check for abnormalities. This causes friction between Lou and Peter, as he believes that Katie is fine, which turns out to be the case. As of Season 10, Katie is a young, energetic girl who enjoys spending time with her family, especially her adoptive older sister Georgie and her great-grandfather. She has a favorite stuffed toy pony, called "Pogy." As a baby, Katie was played by twin sisters Keira and Jordan, and between Season 8 and Season 11, Katie was portrayed by Julia Maren Baker, who was replaced by Matheson in Season
- Luke is a troubled foster kid that Clint brings to Heartland hoping Amy and Ty could help him. Over time and despite some difficulties, he becomes a part of the family. After his biological mother realizes she should not have custody of him, it is decided it is in the boy's best interest to remain at Heartland. In season 13 Amy and Ty become his foster parents.
- She is Jade's mother. Although she arrived in Heartland as a tourist, Lou soon requested her help to tend to Jack, in exchange for riding lessons. While Tim offers to be an instructor, they eventually end up having a brief love affair.
- Mitch is hired as a ranch hand at Heartland and works hard to earn the family's respect, especially with Jack and Tim. After much hostility, Tim nicknames Mitch "Trooper" after a tenacious but respectable bronc on the circuit. Following an awkward first "date," Mitch and Lou enter into an off-and-on relationship. Mitch is troubled by guilt due to the loss of his cousin to PTSD but confides in Lou and they earn each other's trust. Following a breakup with Lou, Mitch begins dating "new age" yoga instructor Maya which forces Lou to confront her true feelings for him.
- Bob runs a wildlife reserve.
- Adam is Georgie's math tutor and becomes her first serious boyfriend.
- Olivia is Georgie's rival throughout the series but later becomes her friend.
- Casey, formerly a pro barrel racer, was in a relationship with Tim when she returns to Hudson after the death of her husband, Hank "The Tank" McMurtry. She convinced Tim to start a rodeo school. She is sister-in-law to Jen, Lou's current Dude Ranch and Maggie's Diner manager, and aunt to Wyatt and Brick. Following Tim's brain cancer scare, Tim pushes Casey away, eventually leading to a permanent break-up.
- Jade is Georgie's friend and Dr. Virani's daughter. She is a bronc rider and lives in Caleb's old trailer for a time to assert her independence. Tim is doubtful of Jade at first but grows to respect her tenacity and talent.
- Introduced as one of Ty's classmates at veterinarian school, Cassandra ends up working at the vet clinic with Ty. She initially appears to be an ambitious and arrogant know-it-all, which makes Amy uncomfortable. She is romantically involved with Jeremy Hughes until he sabotages Heartland, after which she is fired from the vet clinic and forced to take a job at the dude ranch, to which she is ill-suited. Scott convinces a reluctant Ty to give Cass another chance at their understaffed clinic, where she eventually becomes a good friend to Amy and Ty. She and Caleb wind up in a long-term relationship and are married in the final episode of season And in season 13 episode 7 Cassandra tells Caleb that she's pregnant with their first child. Between Seasons 13 and 14, Cassandra gives birth to her son, Carson.
- Amy's best friend who works at Maggie's, her mom's diner. Soraya always supports Amy and becomes friends with Ashley around the same time as Amy. She later visits London, England and meets a new boyfriend. In Season 5, Soraya moves to London permanently. She briefly returns at the end of season 8 to attend Amy and Ty's wedding at the Heartland Ranch.
- Ashley and Jesse's widowed mother, and the main antagonist throughout much of the series. Val is the proud owner of Briar Ridge Stables and uses more traditional methods of horse training compared to Heartland. Val puts too much pressure on Ashley to win horse shows, but loves and spoils her daughter. She is also friends with Jack, particularly when Jack helps her to work on her relationship with her daughter, after Ashley becomes more independent and rebellious.
- A long-time family friend of the Fleming/Bartlett family who owns Sugarfoot, a cute Shetland pony whom Lou learned to ride on. Mrs. Bell keeps Sugarfoot in her house as a companion, and prefers using her herbal remedies on him rather than having him cared for by Scott or the farrier. Mrs. Bell made Marion's and Amy's wedding dresses. Her last appearance to date was Amy and Ty's wedding.
- Ruby & Emmanuella Spencer as Lyndy Marion Borden
- Amy and Ty's daughter, born in Episode , "Greater Expectations". Her guardians (godparents), should anything happen to Amy and Ty, are Caleb and Cassandra.
- Jessica is Lou's former Strickland & Cook boss from New York. She comes to Hudson to meet with Lou to apologize for firing her back in Season 1. Lou had formerly been deeply resentful of the firing, believing Jessica to be cutthroat and brutal in her business life. Jessica, however, reveals she recently went through a bout with cancer. As a result, she turned over a new leaf, quit the firm, and decided to travel and indulge in her hobbies, one of which is photography. Her stay in Hudson goes longer than anticipated, leading to sparks flying between her and Tim.
- A friend of the family who visited frequently and often stayed overnight, Mallory is the daughter of a Canadian country music artist (real-life Canadian country music artist George Canyon), whose music she finds annoying, and is hired by Lou to babysit Katie on a regular basis. She was mostly known for talking too much and prying into everyone's personal lives, which often got her into trouble. Mallory rides the horses at Heartland and participates in jumping competitions. She is easily infatuated with boys, and has a crush on Ty early in the series, though her main love interests wind up being Jake Anderson and Badger. Mallory leaves Heartland several times, most significantly to attend an all-girls boarding school to which she is sent by her parents when her father goes on tour the first time. Jake helps her buy a bus ticket and return to Heartland. At the end of Season 5, she announced with dismay that she was moving to Nashville for her father's music career, though she and her family returned to Canada in season 6. In season 7, she finally confessed her feelings for Jake and went with him to Paris. In season 10, episode 14, Mallory came back to Heartland and married him.
- In season 1, she fulfilled the archetype of the high-school mean girl, but after Amy helps Ashley improve her show-jumping and later saves her horse Apollo, Ashley warms up to Amy and her best friend Soraya. Ashley's character develops substantially from this point, and she is shown to struggle in her relationship with her mother. As a result, she lives at Heartland for a short period of time and later stays with Caleb, in his rented trailer. Ashley gradually falls for Caleb in Season 2 and starts a serious relationship with him, and they marry in the season 3 finale. It took Ashley a while to come back from their honeymoon in Italy, resulting in Caleb coming home alone. Later in the series, Ashley and Caleb moved away so she could attend college. Caleb returned alone again, and they eventually got a divorce. In season 7, episode nine, she comes back to see her friends. She's now becoming a lawyer.
- When Ty was a child, he was abused by his stepfather Wade, whom he attacked for assaulting Ty's mother. The incident resulted in Ty's arrest and being sent to juvenile hall; to complete his probation, Marion Fleming offered him a job as a ranch hand at Heartland. He soon begins to enjoy his life there and decides to stay after completing his probation, though he leaves for a short period to live with his biological father in Calgary. Jack treats Ty like a son and is very proud of him, especially after he earns his high school diploma and decides to study to become a vet. Ty at first is known as the "new cute guy" by Amy's friends, and Amy quickly falls for him. Ty dated Kit Bailey, a local cowgirl, for a time before he admitted his feelings for Amy. He and Amy have a tumultuous relationship over the subsequent seasons. In the final episode of Season 5, Ty buys a ring with plans to propose to Amy, but rethinks his proposal after hearing Amy say they should never "tie themselves down." When Amy discovers the ring, Ty and Amy agree to wait, and Ty is accepted to vet school and begins assisting Scott at his clinic. While camping, Ty finds the perfect moment to propose to Amy, who accepts, and they later marry. After Amy tells Ty that he is going to become a father, she supports his decision to go to Mongolia to save the last of the Gobi bears with Veterinarians Without Borders. Near the end of the season 10, Ty contracts a potentially life-threatening illness from a tick bite and returns to Calgary in critical condition. He is immediately taken to the hospital, where they help him to slowly recover. At the end of the season, Caleb breaks Ty out of the hospital so that Ty can participate in Caleb's wedding to Cass as the best man. However, Amy goes into labor as they arrive at the church and they rush home for the birth of their daughter. In season 13 Amy and Ty become foster parents to a young boy named Luke. In the first episode of season 14 Ty suddenly collapses and dies from deep vein thrombosis, a complication arising after being shot at the end of Season
- A wealthy prince, the initially rude Ahmed asks Amy for help with his father's horse. After working with the horse, Ahmed becomes more friendly towards her, eventually falling for her and showering her with expensive gifts. He offers Amy the opportunity to accompany him on a European tour; however, when he displays his affection for her she does not return the sentiment. Ahmed appears in eight episodes, culminating in a physical exchange with Ty in Season 8.
- Shane's overprotective mother and Tim's ex-girlfriend. Miranda only wants what's best for her son, but moves frequently to prevent Shane learning who is father is as she is scared of losing him. Her strained relationship with Tim results in a custody battle over Shane, though they manage to work things out.
- Tim's long lost, year-old son and Lou and Amy's half brother, who was conceived during a casual relationship between Tim and Miranda while Tim lived in Fort St. John, during the years after his rodeo accident, before he returned to Hudson. When Miranda reveals to Tim that Shane is his son (in "Burning Down the House"), the relationship is confirmed with a paternity test and upsets Tim's family and friends when they discover the truth. Shane tends to run away and hitchhike to visit Heartland to visit his family and his horse, Pal, and wishes that Miranda and Tim would reconcile and become friends.
- A professional show jumper who refused Ty and Scott's treatment for his horse Buckingham, as it would prevent him from continuing his jumping career during the season. He quickly captures Mallory's attention, though she is disappointed to discover his interest in her was to find a way to gain access to Phoenix, who he saw as a suitable replacement for Buckingham and that he is already in a casual relationship with Ty's classmate Cassandra. Jeremy attempts to trick Amy into giving him Phoenix in order to save Buckingham from a risky surgery by getting her drunk to agree, though she turns against his deal for Georgie's sake. He later reappears, ostensibly offering to train Mallory for a show-jumping competition, but had actually being using her to get closer to Phoenix. He tries to frame Ty for the death of Buckingham, using his relationship with Cassandra in the process, but is found guilty of killing his horse.
- Lou's friend from New York. She first had one guest appearance in season two, joining Lou and her other friends on a trip, before returning in Season 7 as a recurring character.
- Lou and Amy's mother, Tim's ex-wife, Jack's daughter. Marion became interested in being a horse whisperer after Tim left her, although Amy always describes this simply as listening to horses. At the beginning of the show, Marion is killed in a car accident when she and Amy rescue Spartan from his abusive former owner, Mr. Mallen. Marion is seen in only two of the early episodes.
- A young cowboy who is always trying to catch Mallory's eye. In season 7, he asks Mallory to go with him to Paris, France and she agrees. The two eventually get married in season 10, episode
- A juvenile delinquent who is introduced in "Do or Die" with his best friend Tara. He is often quiet, but eventually becomes comfortable enough to talk, and he has shown to be a talented artist. He is another one of Mallory's love interests and kisses her. He has a troubled family life and feels as though he does not belong anywhere, resulting in his leaving and returning to Heartland erratically without letting others know. After "A Heartland Christmas," Badger isn't seen or mentioned again.
- Mallory's ex-Pony Club friend who is introduced in Season 3 when she invites Mallory to try out for the club's pole bending competition. She reappears in Season 4 as Jake's new love interest.
- An aspiring country musician introduced in Season 5. He is torn between his feelings for Mallory and the chance to get to her famous musician father.
- Ty's former probation officer and Georgie's former Social Worker. Clint is Tara and Badger's probation officer. Clint keeps his clients on a tight schedule. Clint is allergic to peanuts.
- Badger's goth juvenile delinquent best friend. She is introduced in Season 2. At first Tara bullies Mallory and judges her, calling her names based on her appearance (blonde hair and pink clothes) and bubbly personality. The girls eventually become friends. Tara agrees to give horseback riding a try if Mallory will go goth to freak her parents out. After "Do or Die," Tara isn't seen again, although she is mentioned in the episode "The Haunting of Hanley Barn."
- Ty's punk cowgirl ex-girlfriend. Kit enjoys barrel racing on her horse Daisy. Kit's methods for breaking a horse are very different from Amy's. Amy is jealous of Kit at first, but the girls eventually become friends.
- Jeff Roop as Constable Marcus "Mark" Rodriguez
- An RCMP officer who initially comes to Heartland because his horse, Venture, developed a fear of water after Const. Rodriguez saved a drowning boy. At first, he seemed to care no more for his horse than as a mode of transportation. Amy saw how he secretly cared deeply for him. On his first visit to the ranch, Lou makes a fool of herself in front of him, and he is later revealed to have a crush on her. They dated briefly after Lou and Scott broke up. Lou eventually caught Constable Rodriguez cheating on her and broke up with him.
- Wes is a very shady man and an enemy of Amy's family introduced in "Born to Run." He's a cruel cowboy who was helping some local ranchers round up wild mustangs to DNA test and release. However, it turned out that he had plans to sell them to a meat truck. Mallory discovered the feed lot where the mustangs were being kept, and Amy released them, preventing Wes from trucking them away, effectively saving the mustangs. Wes took revenge one night when Amy, Ty, Lou, and Scott were away at parties (a semi-formal and a college reunion). He started a fire in the barn using a match and plenty of gasoline as an accelerant. Jack was injured while rescuing the horses and lost his memory of the incident, but later remembered and had Wes arrested. In a later season, he steals Spartan in the middle of the night and legally buys him at an auction. Wes's plan was to sell Spartan for more money so that Amy would never see her horse again. After beating Wes up, Tim and Jack rescue Spartan and return him home to Amy. After "The Ties That Bind" Wes isn't seen or mentioned again.
- Aedan Tomney (Season 1) and Jon McLaren (Season 8) as Jesse Stanton
- Val's son, Ashley's brother, and Amy's boyfriend when her mother died. Ashley and Jesse threw a pool party while Val was out of town. Amy broke up with Jesse after he became drunk, tried to kiss her, and then was planning to drive her home while under the influence. Seeing Jesse trying to wrest his keys back from Amy, Ty thought she was being hurt and beat Jesse up. Jesse returns in Season 8 to take over his mother's stables, become Amy's rival, and threaten Amy and Ty's marriage.
- Craig Arnold as Jeffery "Jeff" Crawley
- Georgie's biological older brother. His parents died in a car accident. Jeff lives somewhere else, but he keeps in touch with his little sister. Jeff looks up to Ty. Even though Jeff doesn't spend time with Georgie when he comes to visit, he does care about her. After "Written in Stone" Jeff isn't seen again.
- Jen is a Black Canadian friend of Amy's, who appears only in the pilot episode, "Coming Home." Jen went to school with Amy, and tried to comfort her after Marion died. Jen's the one who talked Amy into going to Ashley and Jesse's pool party while Val was out of town.
- Steve is one of Lou's high school friends, who got a job at the bank at some point after graduation. Steve helps Lou get her business plan for Heartland approved, in order for her to get a loan and save the ranch. The bank approves on the condition that Lou stays at Heartland to run the business side. After the pilot, Steve isn't seen or mentioned again.
- Stephen is a school friend of Georgie's.
- Janice is a previous girlfriend of Tim's, with a personality much like his. She is a jockey and races his horses. Tim and Janice almost move to California together.
- Paula Westfield is a member of Hudson's high society with an attitude to match. She is Peyton's mother, and Dylan Westfield's aunt.
- Emma Fitzroy first appeared in the Season 14 finale. She is a woman of wealth who initially decided to donate to Cooper Hues' equine therapy ranch before pulling out when Cooper's grant fell through. She was later convinced to reconsider after learning of Amy's involvement in the program.
- Soraya's smart aleck mother and Marion's best friend who was the original owner of the tack and feed store Maggie's Diner. Maggie leaves in early Season 7 to live in London, England to be near Soraya.
- Georgie's biological aunt who has intentions that are not initially seen. After Georgie breaks her arm, Crystal visits Heartland and files child abuse claims against Lou and Peter to extort money from them in exchange for dropping the charges. Georgie and the social worker overhear this and Crystal leaves empty handed and facing a possible arrest.
- Marion's good friend who fixes horses and people. Victor enjoys golf and once had an affair with Marion after Tim left her. Victor's horse style is different from Amy's, and he helps her a couple times during the series.
- Amy's rival in "The Ring of Fire." Following a clinic they did together, he kisses her. Later, Ty confronts him about it and hits him twice. One for running Mrs. Bell off the road and one for kissing Amy. While getting ice for the bruises, Chase and Soraya become friends. He is later invited to Amy and Soraya's graduation party as Soraya's date. There he kisses Soraya and they begin dating. In "Leap of Faith," he asks Amy to come along with him and Soraya to a movie. He tells Amy when she arrives that Soraya had to study. After the movie it is shown that he still likes Amy. During "The River," Soraya ends the relationship.
- Amy's new friend who runs "Dark Horse," a popular traveling horse show.
- A friend of Ty's, who spent time with him working at a ranch in Montana. She came with him to Heartland when he returned to Amy in season 4. She was the source of considerable friction between Amy and Ty, when she pursued Ty during her first appearance, and later when she told her boyfriend, Grant, that she and Ty had "hooked up."
- Lisa's arrogant nephew. Ben competes in show jumping competitions with his horse Red. He worked at Heartland for part of a season, but then he goes to work for Nick Harwell. He later fires Nick Harwell and goes back to his aunt's stables. Later in season 2, he leaves Briar Ridge and attends a university.
- A champion rider. Amy helps Nick's horse in "Born to Run."
Main article: List of Heartland episodes
Much of the series is filmed on location in and around High River, Alberta, with additional filming in studio and on location in nearby Calgary. A June flood in High River swamped the standing set for Maggie's Diner. The main Heartland sets escaped damage, and seventh season scripts were rewritten to move shooting locations for the fictional town of Hudson to Inglewood, a historic neighborhood in downtown Calgary. A month after the flood, the show's Calgary studios offered behind-the-scenes tours to paying fans for a one-day "Heartlanders for High River" fundraiser, providing $80, to help the town recover.
Heartland filmed some of its interiors at an abandoned military base, Currie Barracks, scheduled for redevelopment.
Entertainment One has released the first seven seasons of Heartland on DVD in Region 1 (Canada only). The standalone TV movie A Heartland Christmas was released on DVD in Canada on November 1,  and in the United States on October 29,  Season 8 was released in Canada on October 6, 
In Region 2, 4Digital Media has released the first 6 seasons on DVD in the UK.
In Region 4, Season 1 and Season 2 Parts 1 and 2 have been released by Roadshow Home Video.
|Region 1||Region 2||Region 4|
|Season 1, Part 1||7||September 15, ||N/A||N/A|
|Season 1, Part 2||6||November 10, ||N/A||N/A|
|The Complete First Season||13||April 20,||April 26,||August 31, |
|Season 2, Part 1||N/A||N/A||December 2, |
|Season 2, Part 2||N/A||N/A||March 3, |
|The Complete Second Season||18||May 4, ||June 27,||N/A|
|The Complete Third Season||18||March 22, ||February 13,||N/A|
|The Complete Fourth Season||18||November 1, ||February 27,||N/A|
|The Complete Fifth Season||18||September 18, ||November 19,||N/A|
|The Complete Sixth Season||18||October 15, ||August 12,||N/A|
|The Complete Seventh Season||18||September 28, ||September 21,||N/A|
|The Complete Eighth Season||18||October 6, ||November 16,||N/A|
|The Complete Ninth Season||18||November 1,||July 25,||N/A|
|The Complete Tenth Season||18||||November 13,||N/A|
|The Complete Eleventh Season||18||November 12,||unknown|
|The Complete Twelfth Season||11||December 2,||N/A|
|The Complete Thirteenth Season||10||November 30,||unknown|
|The Complete Fourteenth Season||10||May 22,||unknown||unknown|
|Other releases||Release dates|
|Region 1||Region 2||Region 4|
|A Heartland Christmas||November 1, |
See also: List of awards and nominations received by Heartland
In its series premiere, Heartland beat Global's comedy Da Kink in My Hair with , viewers in a battle of two new series. After four episodes, Heartland had an average viewership of , In its first-season finale, Heartland attracted , viewers. The third-season premiere brought in over one million viewers, a new record for the show. The th episode "After All We've Been Through" was watched by , viewers.
Spin-off web series
A six-part spin-off web series titled Hudson with Jade Verani as the protagonist was released on CBC Gem on March 31, It won the Best Web Series award at the Calgary Society of Independent Filmmakers's second annual Stinger Awards.
- ^"Heartland will return for a season 14!". CBC/Radio Canada. Retrieved May 28,
- ^Kripena, Kristiana. "Heartland Season 13 Episode 7 Recap". tvshowpilot.com. Retrieved September 24,
- ^"Calgary mayor to flood evacuees: 'Gather your valuables and go'". CBC News. June 21, Retrieved September 18,
- ^Collins, Leah (June 21, ). "Flooding in the Heartland; Cast Sends Update From Southern Alberta". CBC News. Archived from the original on July 19, Retrieved June 24,
- ^Pawlitzki, Amanda (August 16, ). "BLOG High River history lost, discovered in flood". CBC News. Retrieved September 18,
- ^"The High River Flood 5 Years Ago". Official Heartland Blog. CBC Television. June 21, Retrieved September 18,
- ^"Alberta shoots, arts groups getting back to work after flooding". CBC News. June 26, Retrieved September 18,
- ^"Heartland filming to resume at High River centrepiece". CBC News. November 2, Retrieved September 18,
- ^"Thursday, July 25, but it's all about last Saturday!". Official Heartland Blog. CBC Television. July 25, Retrieved September 18,
- ^"Heartland returns to High River with $80K donation". CBC News. November 5, Retrieved September 18,
- ^Johnson, Tracy (February 26, ). "Alberta shooting for a bigger film industry". CBC News. Retrieved September 18,
- ^Volmers, Eric (July 27, ). "Calgary International Film Festival to celebrate decade of Heartland". Calgary Herald. Retrieved September 18,
- ^Crowther, Sharon (June 23, ). "Calgary redevelopment aims to build community 'where people are present'". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved September 18,
- ^"A Heartland Christmas" via Amazon.
- ^"A Heartland Christmas". October 29, via Amazon.
- ^"Heartland DVD news: Box Art for Heartland - The Complete 8th Season - TVShowsOnDVD.com". Archived from the original on September 15,
- ^Lambert, David (June 18, ). "Heartland – Lauren Brooke's Bestselling Books Come Alive with Season 1, Part 1 DVDs". TVShowsOnDVD.com. Archived from the original on September 15, Retrieved March 24,
- ^Lambert, David (October 12, ). "Heartland – Studio's Season 1, Part 2 Press Brief Gives Info About Extras". TVShowsOnDVD.com. Archived from the original on September 14, Retrieved March 24,
- ^"Heartland ()– Series 1 (3 Disc Set)". ezydvd.com.au. Archived from the original on October 4, Retrieved March 24,
- ^"Heartland ()– Series 2: Part 1 (2 Disc Set)". ezydvd.com.au. Archived from the original on December 30, Retrieved March 24,
- ^"Heartland– Series 2 Part 2 DVD". dvdordchard.com.au. Archived from the original on December 31, Retrieved March 24,
- ^Lambert, David (April 19, ). "Heartland– E1's 'Complete 1st Season' Still On Target for Tuesday, but 'Complete 2nd Season' is Delayed **UPDATED**". TVShowsOnDVD.com. Archived from the original on September 14, Retrieved March 24,
- ^Lambert, David (December 22, ). "Heartland– Canadian Release Date Revealed for 'The Complete 3rd Season'". TVShowsOnDVD.com. Archived from the original on March 13, Retrieved March 24,
- ^ ab"Heartland - Thursday, August 11 - Now we're at 38 Days to go until Season 5 premieres! Sundays at 7PM on CBC". Cbc.ca. August 11, Retrieved May 26,
- ^"Heartland: The Complete Fifth Season". Amazon.ca. Retrieved August 21,
- ^"Heartland DVD news: Announcement for Heartland - The Complete 6th Season - TVShowsOnDVD.com". Archived from the original on November 5,
- ^ abc"Heartland".
- ^Strauss, Marise (October 18, ). "Heartland outpaces Kink". Playback. Archived from the original on October 19, Retrieved October 20,
- ^Taylor, Kate (November 7, ). "Stursberg sees kindred spirit in new CBC boss". The Globe and Mail. Archived from the original on March 11, Retrieved March 5,
- ^Brioux, Bill (February 26, ). "Viewers run back to The Border". TV Feeds My Family. Archived from the original on December 1, Retrieved February 27,
- ^Brioux, Bill (October 5, ). "Two Million Catch Battle of the Blades Debut". TV Feeds My Family. Archived from the original on July 23, Retrieved October 5,
- ^"Redirecting". Archived from the original on December 24, Retrieved March 10,
- ^"HUDSON: A NEW DIGITAL ORIGINAL SERIES BASED IN THE WORLD OF HEARTLAND". CBC. July 12, Retrieved May 20,
- ^Volmers, Eric (April 12, ). "Heartland's spinoff web series Hudson puts spotlight on rebellious bronc rider Jade". Calgary Herald. Retrieved May 20,
The wait is over, Heartland fans because I can finally confirm that Heartland has been renewed for season Thats right, Heartland season 12 is happening and CBC is giving another 11 episodes to Canadas longest-running family drama. It will no doubt be a season of family, horses and coming together to celebrate this beautiful family-friendly show. Aint that a great way to ring in the weekend?
If last year the announcement that Heartland has been picked up for another season was delivered by the shows star Amber Marshall. Then this year the honor went to the Blog Whisperer. Who just put up the weekly Thursday blog, announcing the amazing news of Heartland getting a 12th season! You can read the full announcement in the picture below or by going to cbc.ca/heartland/blog!
What do we know about Heartland season 12?
So what do we know about Heartland season 12 so far? Well, to be frank, not much. Because the news that season 12 is happening broke just today. But we can tell you that Heartland season 12 will have 11 episodes. And that instead of premiering in late September or early October, Heartland season 12 will launch on January 6,
On top of that, we do know that all the lead actors will be back for Heartland season Which includes Amber Marshall, Graham Wardle, Shaun Johnston, Chris Potter, Michelle Morgan, Alisha Newton and many more. And finally, we also know that the twelfth season of Heartland will go into production in about a month. Meaning that in a month we will start getting pictures from the set. As well as little more information on the upcoming season.
What do I want to see happen in the 12th season of Heartland?
Meanwhile, we can only talk about what we would like to see happen in Heartland season And boy, there is a lot! For starters, I would love to see more of Ty and Lou, because this past season both characters were away quite a bit. I would also love to see more of Amy and Ty as parents and experiencing big moments like Lyndys first word and first step. Because those would definitely make for adorable scenes.
When it comes to Georgie, I would like to see her go further in her showjumping carrier. Because now that she won the Fall Finale in the last episode of season 11, she has definitely proven that she is a capable competitor. Additionally, I would love it if they did a bit lighter storylines for Tim next season. Because this past season Tim had a lot of hard and heavy scenes.
RELATED: Heartland Season 12 Episode 1 Review
For Lou, I think it would be really interesting to actually see what she has been up to in New York since we dont get to see the commanding business-woman side of Lou that often. And as for Jack and Lisa Since season 11 saw Lisa finally becoming a full-fledged member of the Heartland family. Her own fireplace stone and all. It would be great if in season 12 they would show Lisa really adjusting to her life at the Heartland ranch. And all the amazing storylines that could come out of it for her and Jack.
Now its your turn! Comment below and let me know how excited you are for Heartland season And what do you want to see happen in it? Lets celebrate the fact that Heartland is returning for season 12 in the comments!
More seasonsSeason 12Season 11Season 10Season 9Season 8Season 7Season 6Season 5A Heartland ChristmasSeason 4Season 3Season 2Season 1
List of Characters
Season 12 cast heartland
And he himself took her away from the crowded parking lot and into the courtyards. My friend did not knit a bast along the way, she constantly stumbled, so I had to support her for different parts of her body, or, more simply, paw. Her.Heartland Welcome Season 12
Damn, suitcase. She grabbed it and opened the closet again. A man with a gloomy grin on his face took it and waved his hand, as if goodbye. A muffled female voice came from the hallway.
- Black grand cherokee black rims
- 225/40r18 tire size
- Commercial property in rochester ny
- The dark mage poe
- Head and shoulders on sale
- Planter with drainage tray
- Toyota dynamic navigation cost 2021
- Stop being desperate quotes
- Epson et 2720 driver
- Happy birthday animated gif
- Paladins codes 2020 xbox one
- Building connected phone number
She obviously liked Kolyan right away. She was a companionable young lady. We sat down in armchairs at a low table and poured the first one. Milka was in short tight shorts and a loose blouse with buttons. Here they were called sugar.