Ink Master (season 2)
Season of television series
|Hosted by||Dave Navarro|
|No. of contestants||16|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original release||October 9()–|
December 18, ()
The second season of the tattoo reality competition Ink Master premiered on Spike on October 9 and concluded December 18, with a total of 13 episodes. The show is hosted and judged by Jane's Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro, with accomplished tattoo artists Chris Núñez and Oliver Peck serving as series regular judges. The winner will receive a $, prize, a feature in Inked Magazine and the title of Ink Master.
The winner of the second season of Ink Master was Steve Tefft, with Sarah Miller being the runner-up.
Names, experience, and cities stated are at time of filming.
|Steve Tefft||17||Groton, Connecticut||Winner|
|Sarah Miller||6||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania||Runner-up|
|Sebastian Murphy||15||Detroit, Michigan||3rd place|
|Katherine "Tatu Baby" Flores||6||Miami, Florida||4th place|
|Jesse Smith||15||Richmond, Virginia||5th place|
|Jamie Davies||17||Redding, California||6th place|
|Clint Cummings †||16||Dallas, Texas||7th place|
|Mark Matthews||14||San Francisco, California||8th place|
|Steven "Kay Kutta" Givens||3||Fayetteville, North Carolina||9th place|
|Lalo Yunda||20||Brooklyn, New York||10th place|
|Tray Benham||20||Brandenburg, Kentucky||11th place|
|Nick D'Angelo||4||Buffalo, New York||12th place|
|La Ron "Ron" Givens||7||Dallas, Texas||13th place|
|Mike Tacij||14||White Plains, New York||14th place|
|Thomas "TJ Hal" Halvorsen||7||Bronx, New York||15th place[a]|
|Cee Jay Jones||15||Detroit, Michigan||16th place|
† Indicates that the contestant died after filming ended
- ^Halvorsen withdrew from the competition due to medical reasons.
|Cee Jay Jones||ELIM||Guest|
- ^Sebastian and Steve were announced as having the top 2 tattoos of the day, yet neither one of them were declared as the winner.
- ^None of the contestants impressed the judges enough for them to determine a winner.
- ^Tray was not present during the elimination due to medical reasons.
- The contestant won Ink Master.
- The contestant was the runner-up.
- The contestant finished third in the competition.
- The contestant advanced to the finale.
- The contestant won Best Tattoo of the Day.
- The contestant was among the top.
- The contestant received positive critiques.
- The contestant received negative critiques.
- The contestant was in the bottom.
- The contestant was eliminated from the competition.
- The contestant withdrew from the competition.
- The contestant returned as a guest for that episode.
- ^"Tuesday Cable Ratings: CNN Election Coverage Dominates Night + 'Sons of Anarchy', 'The Daily Show', 'The Colbert Report' & More". TV By The Numbers. November 7, Archived from the original on April 28, Retrieved June 21,
- ^Spike (November 21, ). "Ink Master Storm Trooper Helmets Are Up For Auction". Retrieved June 21,
- ^"Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Sons of Anarchy' Wins Night, 'Tosh.0', 'Hardcore Pawn', 'Tattoo Nightmares', 'Covert Affairs', 'Doomsday Preppers' & More & More". TV By The Numbers. November 14, Archived from the original on April 2, Retrieved June 21,
- ^"Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Sons of Anarachy' Rides Highest Again + 'Tosh.0,' 'Covert Affairs' Finale and 'Ink Master'". TV By The Numbers. November 21, Archived from the original on April 28, Retrieved June 21,
- ^"Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Sons of Anarchy' Wins Night, 'Tosh.0', 'Hardcore Pawn', 'Ink Master', 'Brickleberry' & More". TV By The Numbers. November 28, Archived from the original on October 8, Retrieved June 21,
- ^"Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Sons of Anarchy' Wins Night, + 'Storage Wars', 'Tosh.0', 'Ink Masters', '25 Days of Christmas', 'Rizzoli & Isles' & More". TV By The Numbers. December 5, Archived from the original on October 8, Retrieved June 21,
- ^"Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'American Chopper' Wins Night, 'Amish Mafia', 'Rizzoli & Isles', 'Storage Wars', 'Ink Master' & More". TV By The Numbers. December 12, Archived from the original on April 2, Retrieved June 21,
- ^ ab"Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Ink Master' Wins Night + 'Storage Wars', 'WWE SmackDown', 'Hardcore Pawn', 'Storage Wars: Texas' & More". TV By The Numbers. December 19, Archived from the original on October 8, Retrieved June 21,
Season Two of Ink Master featured sixteen tattoo artists:Cee Jay Jones, Clint Cummings,Jamie Davies, Jesse Smith, Katherine 'Tatu Baby' Flores, La Ron Givens,Lalo Yunda,Mark Matthews, Mike Tacji,Nick D'Angelo, Sarah Miller, Sebastian Murphy, Steve Tefft, Steven 'Kay Kutta' Givens, Thomas Halvorsen and Tray Benham.
Cee Jay Jones
Katherine 'Tatu Baby' Flores
La Ron Givens
Mike 'Little Mike' Tacji
Steven 'Kay Kutta' Givens
- 1Episode 1 - Tattooing the Dead (aired October 9, )
- 2Episode 2 - Semi Nude (aired October 9, )
- 3Episode 3 - The Year-Old Virgin (aired October 16, )
- 4Episode 4 - Tattoo Her What? (aired October 23, )
- 5Episode 5 - Trick or Freak (aired October 30, )
- 6Episode 6 - Half Naked and Fully Loaded (aired November 6, )
- 7Episode 7 - Star Wars Forever (aired November 13, )
- 8Episode 8 - Holy Ink (aired on November 20, )
- 9Episode 9 - Buck Off (aired November 27, )
- 10Episode 10 - Blowing Chunks (aired December 4, )
- 11Episode 11 - Better Than Words? (aired December 11, )
- 12Episode 12 - The Bigger They Are (aired December 18, )
- 13Episode Ink Master Live (aired December 18, )
Episode 1 - Tattooing the Dead (aired October 9, )
The Skill of the Week was Fundamentals and the Flash Challenge involved tattooing a snake and dagger design on silicon mannequins, which Jesse won.
For the Elimination Challenge, 'tattoo virgins' were inked with the design of their choice. Sebastian and Steve had the top two tattoos, while Cee Jay was eliminated for misspelling Corinthians (as "Cortnthians") as well as having a sketchy outline.
BEST TATTOO - Steve
Episode 2 - Semi Nude (aired October 9, )
The Skill of the Week was Ingenuity and the Flash Challenge involved camouflaging semi-nude women so that they would blend into the side of a building, which Kay Kutta won.
For the Elimination Challenge, the tattooists had to cover-up a previous design on their human canvas. Jesse won Best Tattoo. While both Lalo and Tray had numerous mistakes on their cover-ups, the judges felt that Mike took the easy way out and had a limited color palette, so he was eliminated. TJ also left the competition due to an aggravated injury.
BEST TATTOO - Jesse
Episode 3 - The Year-Old Virgin (aired October 16, )
The Skill of the Week was Lines and the Flash Challenge involved shaving a design on the head of a human canvas that emphasized line work, which Kay Kutta won.
For the Elimination Challenge, the tattooists had to ink a military veteran with an American Traditional tattoo which had to include both an eagle and a flag. There was no winner of Best Tattoo, and while everyone did a bad tattoo Ron was eliminated because his sketch was too rough in many areas.
Episode 4 - Tattoo Her What? (aired October 23, )
The Skill of the Week was Color and the Flash Challenge was a two-round competition with the contestants divided first into groups of six with the top contestant from each group competing head-to-head to determine the winner. Each group tattooed the same design based on tattoo flashes. The contestants were randomly divided as follows:
- Group 1 (Lotus and Water): Clint, Jamie, Kay Kutta, Steve, Tatu Baby and Tray.
- Group 2 (Skull with a Top Hat): Lalo, Jesse, Mark, Nick, Sarah and Sebastian.
The top contestant from each group, Tray and Sarah respectively, competed head-to-head tattooing a gypsy woman design. Tray won.
For the Elimination Challenge the tattooists had to ink a fantastical new school design. Sarah won Best Tattoo, while Nick was eliminated for being unable to handle his client and badly executing his tattoo.
BEST TATTOO - Sarah
Episode 5 - Trick or Freak (aired October 30, )
The Skill of the Week was Texture and the Flash Challenge involved tattooing the inside of the mouth of a human canvas, which Clint won.
For the Elimination Challenge the tattoo had to be done in the style of horror. Steve won Best Tattoo, and while Kay's tattoo was badly executed and Mark's looked like a cover-up, Tray was eliminated for his tattoo having no texture despite being more solid.
BEST TATTOO - Steve
Episode 6 - Half Naked and Fully Loaded (aired November 6, )
The Skill of the Week was Attention to Detail and the Flash Challenge involved etching a detailed design into the buttstock of a rifle, which Steve won.
For the Elimination Challenge the tattoo had to have a pin-up design based on photographs taken during a session with burlesque performer Darenzia. Steve won Best Tattoo, and while Lalo and Mark did the same mistakes with their tattoos Lalo was down more times than Mark, as well as having less detail, so Lalo was eliminated.
BEST TATTOO - Steve
Episode 7 - Star Wars Forever (aired November 13, )
The Skill of the Week was Contrast and the Flash Challenge involved painting a Clone Trooper helmet with an emphasis on contrast, which Clint won.
For the Elimination Challenge the tattooists had to ink a Star Wars inspired design. Tatu Baby won Best Tattoo, and while the judges praised Kay for his fight and passion, they felt his lack of experience was becoming too much to ignore.
Where Are The Winners of Ink Master Season 2 Now?
The debut season of ‘Ink Master’ was released around the same time that body art and its many forms were garnering more popularity each day. After a hit season, its second edition followed within the same year. The (now) Paramount Network’s tattoo reality competition series aims to assess professional tattoo artists skills by making them compete against each other in a series of rounds.
When the second edition in the franchise premiered under Spike on October 9, , viewers got hooked to the extraordinary potential that each artist exhibited on the show. The masters of the art and the show’s accomplished judges, Chris Núñez, Dave Navarro, and Oliver Peck, brought out the best in all the contestants. Some of them performed even better than others and were thus declared winners. But where are these artists now?
Winner 1: Steve Tefft
In , Steve Tefft earned the title of Ink Master after 17 years of experience as a tattoo artist and showcasing the pure hard work that the job entails. His fascination with body art started at the age of 7 and led him to establish a successful career in the tattoo industry. Before becoming a reality star, he owned a shop, 12 Tattoos, on Bridge Street in Groton, and the win gave his career an instant boost.
He now specializes in custom pieces and portraits, which he paints in his signature style of black and grey realistic and horror tattoos. Now, with over 25 years of practice and flawless execution on hundreds of clients, Steve has turned his business into a premier tattoo and body piercing studio in Southeastern Connecticut. With a fan following of over 71k followers, Steve frequently shares his work and keeps his personal life away from his social media accounts.
Winner 2: Sarah Miller
In , Sarah Miller graduated magna cum laude from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh with a Bachelor’s of Science in Graphic Design. From thereon, she began her professional career as an artist. She continued to further her abilities even after wrapping up the second season of ‘Ink Master’ as the runner-up. Spike could not get enough of her flawless skills as it brought Sarah back for the pilot of the spin-off series in , ‘Ink Shrinks.’
@inkmaster finale time baby!!!! #battleofthesexes#wishiwastattooingpic.twitter.com/vCaEPIDhqO
— Sarah Miller (@valkyriesbard) September 25,
The talented tattoo artist returned on the 7th edition of Ink Master but got eliminated on the seventh episode, thus finishing in 10th place. But the reality TV failure did not affect her otherwise thriving career. She also got a chance to coach another contestant on season 12 of the tattoo competition series. Sarah’s tattoo skill set includes a fervent passion for portraiture and photo-realism, which she artistically exhibits on all her clients. Having honed her tattooing expertise for over a decade, she has acquired the best of both modern painters and tattoo artists.
In , she opened her own tattoo studio, Wyld Chyld Tattoo, in partnership with her longtime friend, Bill DeLuso. She works as the Managing Partner as well as a tattoo artist at the shop located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Specializing in portraits and pin-ups, Sarah has traveled the world to attend national and international conventions, which has allowed her to assess her talent compared to some of the best artists in the industry.
After bagging sundry prestigious awards, the internationally recognized tattoo artist has been known to put her sweat and blood into some major pieces. For instance, the one she drew on a Pittsburgh Steelers’ superfan took over 5 years of labor and off and on sessions, a few of them being 16 hours long. Not much is known about her personal life except that she became a proud mother to an adorable daughter, Olivia Catherine Peel, on January 29,
Winner 3: Sebastian Murphy
Sebastian Murphy is an award-winning tattoo artist who was born in Brooklyn and raised in Detroit. He showcased his impeccable skills on the second season of ‘Ink Master,’ on which he finished in third place. Before appearing on the reality television series, he had already given his services to celebrity clients. He tattooed a heart on singer Miley Cyrus pinky finger in After being featured in famous publications like Ink and Hustle, he continued working at Detroit Ink as the manager and a tattoo artist. Around , he opened his own tattoo and body piercing studio, Dark Horse Tattoo Co. LLC., located in Warren, Michigan.
From being an airbrush artist as a teenager to a full-blown artist and entrepreneur, Sebastian has built a successful business. A cursory glance at his personal and shop’s social media accounts tells us that the skilled self-made man spends each day working and fulfilling his passion for body art. His signature style continues to be black, gray, and photorealism, and the self-claimed “ninja duplicator” can truly duplicate with the needle any portrait.
Read More: How Much Does it Cost to Get Tattoos From Ink Masters Chris Núñez and Oliver Peck?
Stop, what did they not throw in. Where is the cook or some sentry. Where is everyone. I rushed to the tents.
2 ink master season
She and Anton worked in the same department. But sometimes he came to visit us. On our last birthday, he also miraculously turned out to be.EXPLOSIVE Artist vs. Canvas Fights 💥 Ink Master: Redemption
Now it was no longer a hammer, but rather a bus. I fell down next to my mother, she hugged me and shouted: Please stop him, he will kill her now. How sweet, I thought, that amidst all this chaos, my mother was addressing me as a girl. It felt like I was falling and falling somewhere.
- Playstation vr move motion controller
- Can you beat ark solo
- Med surg, ati quizlet
- Large heart stencil printable
- Dolphin rechargeable bluetooth party speaker
- Surf report sunset beach fl
- Rick x morty fanart
- Fantasy hockey 2020 21
- Dell inspiron 15 7573 battery
- Summit park homes for sale
- Nationwide general insurance company naic
She tugged lightly on the hose and the speculum nearly popped out of her anus. The girl was amazed at how much Robert's anus expanded. When he held his buttocks apart, she could freely examine the surface of his rectum. She knew that she needed to act quickly, otherwise the results of her labors would be wasted, because the sphincter would begin.
To return to its original size.